Yet more work

Square Eyes

Beep wrote:At the same time can we buy a new mobile and bottle of water?
It's getting a bit boring. (Perhaps an iPhone instead of the Sony Ericsson Brick)
And perhaps a new style nectar card which I believe I have mentioned previously.
Pete

Given that the old card has neither snapped nor been subject to a forced replacement like Tesco Clubcards were, I see no reason to replace it for the moment.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Pete

Metropol will be offline from 9pm onwards...

It'll return when it's ready to return, however it might look a bit blue for a day or two, maybe, depends what sort of mood I'm in.

Anyhow please entertain yourselves by @metropol247 ing on twitter or by trolling the other site.
DVB Cornwall

Good luck with the upgrade.
Pete

Well that's the majority of it done. A few more template fiddles and we should be at 100%, sorry for logging you all out but there was this tempting new "log everyone out" button on the admin panel that I just wanted to press.

Also you're now able to report PMs, the recaptcha thing is built in and no longer a plugin, there are some fab new tools to purge useless users and the TVF auto signup is broken until I work out how to make it work with the new registration page.

I'll make the remaining bits of ugly go away asap. And swap the buttons down there back the right way round again too.
Pete

out of interest, would there be any demand for ATOM feeds of metro? I note it's a new feature in 3.0.6
lukey

Now now, no need to switch on every new feature. That'd be like a university rushing to upgrade to the newest unproven version of their VLE before anyone else, making themselves look like a load of incompetent fannys when it doesn't work.
Pete

lukey wrote:Now now, no need to switch on every new feature. That'd be like a university rushing to upgrade to the newest unproven version of their VLE before anyone else, making themselves look like a load of incompetent fannys when it doesn't work.
Well yes, but I'm competent, unlike say a university who makes no apparent change to the email system apart from to utterly break it for a random 30% of users at all times and then instruct you to install a horrid bit of software on your own PC instead actually fixing the bloody webmail in the first place.
dosxuk

Hymagumba wrote:
lukey wrote:Now now, no need to switch on every new feature. That'd be like a university rushing to upgrade to the newest unproven version of their VLE before anyone else, making themselves look like a load of incompetent fannys when it doesn't work.
Well yes, but I'm competent, unlike say a university who makes no apparent change to the email system apart from to utterly break it for a random 30% of users at all times and then instruct you to install a horrid bit of software on your own PC instead actually fixing the bloody webmail in the first place.
They could just move all the students to Gmail, with no migration of existing settings or mail, and no on-site support so all problems take a week to solve. Oh, and send several emails to staff reminding them not to discuss confidential information with students via email as Google will find out. The webmail (mostly) works though...
WillPS

Sheffield Hallam moved from cacky FirstClass to lovely lovely GMail this summer - no settings transferred and importing emails over was tricky, but now it's done it is a LOT better.
Pete

btw, is anyone else having a problem with the background image not working properly? as in stopping half way down and going white?

It's just someone has mentioned this to me, insists it isn't their browser, but I cannot seem to replicate it myself and given that the CSS files are the same as before the update I can't see any reason why this should occur.