Yet more work

Pete

Last few bits and bobs should be sorted tonight. This shouldn't mean any downtime but if we do go off, that's why.
xx

(and I'll get those pics up tonight jovis, don't you worry)
Right well that's it about 90% done. Need to finish the help pages and get those files uploaded in the morning but its essentially done. As usual, bugs and stuff go in here.

I WILL sort the homepage and login pages shortly too, but they're relatively simple, this was complex as it required loads of file changes.

All going well this whole "Metropol 7.1 BETA" business should be over and the fab full blown Metropol 7.1 should be online at midnight, save for the homepage.

As this requires some considerable server faffing and a load of button pushing I'm afraid it'll be ITV School whilst it goes on.

Suffice to say, once this is done, all the hard work we (as in, me, sput, lee and bail) started in about January should finally be finished and we'll have no more tiresome update/downtime threads. YAY

To celebrate I'll post some interesting little files I have of the planning of the revamp. I doubt anyone will care but I plan to do it anyhow.

xx
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Lorns

fandabeedozee!

All you lot behind the scenes of metro. Thanx This place is just ace! Can we buy shares?
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Jovis

To celebrate I'll post some interesting little files I have of the planning of the revamp. I doubt anyone will care but I plan to do it anyhow.
Oh, you know how to treat us don't you!

For anyone new to the forum, I was actually being serious.
Jovis

Ooooh, I like the slightly modified footer.
Mr Q

Jovis wrote:Ooooh, I like the slightly modified footer.
It's nice, but - and I point this out at the risk of getting flamed - it doesn't display properly in IE7. The links under "Help and Information" display in one column instead of two, pushing the whole thing up the page.

*Edit: typo corrected.
cdd

I'm running IE8 in Compatibility Mode (which displays pages as IE7), and it displays fine.
Mr Q

Interesting. I've attached a screen cap just to show what I'm talking about.
Pete

oopsie, fixed that.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Nick Harvey
God

I'm not sure about the grey. It's terribly................ grey............... and, sort-of, indecisive.

The black was definitely black. No doubt about it, black.

What do others think?
Nini
Banned

Yeah, was wondering about that.
Sput

TSK. The grey is far fabber, it's refined dontchaknow.
Knight knight