Another High Street Rebrand

all new Phil

Zimba wrote: Fri 24 May, 2024 00.12 Speaking of Morrisons, they seem to have a rebrand every other month lately. It feels like every store in the North East has a different interior as they keep changing it over and over again, even the current refurbs are different to each other with some getting done properly and other's being a botch job as an understatement. Right mess.
On the plus side, stores seem to have been sent signage for their (bizarre) little seating areas dotted around the stores now, rather than the home-made stuff each store was bodging together.

These random seats have clearly come from a “what zero-cost thing can we do?” meeting. I was ready to say I’ve not yet seen anyone actually use them, but I’ve just had a trip there and saw a fella taking a seat near the cheese counter. So that’s nice.
AGuyFromUpNorth

Zimba wrote: Fri 24 May, 2024 00.12
AGuyFromUpNorth wrote: Mon 20 May, 2024 22.09 I was just thinking about this - it seems such an odd decision. So now we are either going to see tons of stores with old branding, or they are going to pull a Morrisons and rip down all those signs after only a year or two and replace them...

It wouldn't be so bad but the old branding feels very 'formal' whereas then new branding is quite 'playful' in my opinion. The two don't really go together at all so I'd imagine a half-hearted rebrand would look really off.
Surely they'd just keep the same signage outside? Just looks the same as the current one to me bar the new tagline.

Speaking of Morrisons, they seem to have a rebrand every other month lately. It feels like every store in the North East has a different interior as they keep changing it over and over again, even the current refurbs are different to each other with some getting done properly and other's being a botch job as an understatement. Right mess.
The Morrisons interiors are indeed a mess. Over the past 10 years or so, we've had around 4-5 different variations of the Market Street signage. In around 2020, it seems they tried to correct this by fitting new bulkhead signage across (almost) all stores, which in fact was made of cardboard and just slapped right over the top of the old signage, only to reverse their decision and go back to using the old-style signs in the newly refitted stores!!

They have also started removing the 'since 1899' bit from under the exterior signs to match the new logo. It looks really odd though as there's just the brackets there now with nothing attached to them.
Zimba

all new Phil wrote: Fri 24 May, 2024 16.51 On the plus side, stores seem to have been sent signage for their (bizarre) little seating areas dotted around the stores now, rather than the home-made stuff each store was bodging together.

These random seats have clearly come from a “what zero-cost thing can we do?” meeting. I was ready to say I’ve not yet seen anyone actually use them, but I’ve just had a trip there and saw a fella taking a seat near the cheese counter. So that’s nice.
Must admit, I never did get the point, one of them has trolleys next to it aswell. Why you'd want a trolley 1/2 way round the shop is a mystery. Mind that said, a trolley - at all - would be a luxury lately. Feels like it's a bit of an issue and it's not unique to Morrison's either because there's at least 1 Tesco and at least 2 ASDA's with the exact the same problem. Feel like it's quite a recent issue aswell.

Where they go, god only knows. Mind I have seen a stack of them outside of someones house before all locked together which I did kind of find amusing, one way to beat the locks.
AGuyFromUpNorth wrote: Fri 24 May, 2024 19.10 The Morrisons interiors are indeed a mess. Over the past 10 years or so, we've had around 4-5 different variations of the Market Street signage. In around 2020, it seems they tried to correct this by fitting new bulkhead signage across (almost) all stores, which in fact was made of cardboard and just slapped right over the top of the old signage, only to reverse their decision and go back to using the old-style signs in the newly refitted stores!!

They have also started removing the 'since 1899' bit from under the exterior signs to match the new logo. It looks really odd though as there's just the brackets there now with nothing attached to them.
Aye feels like there's been more than 5 to me. Can think of at least 3 different versions in the past 2 year never mind 10 and that's excluding the 3 new shops which all have completely different designs.

Complete mess, mind ASDA isn't much better as they had the red, then Chosen By You, then the fake wood effect, then the black and now this. Funny it's the two shops that are struggling aswell compared to Sainsbury's and Tesco which have had 1 refresh in the last decade.
Pete

Zimba wrote: Fri 24 May, 2024 20.52Why you'd want a trolley 1/2 way round the shop is a mystery.
When you realise you've bought too much and have no hands free.

Zimba wrote: Fri 24 May, 2024 20.52compared to Sainsbury's and Tesco which have had 1 refresh in the last decade.
No Tesco have had a few... they went from the light blue to the "Hello" branding with the wood cladding on petrol pumps etc, then they went for the white with only one item on the "motorway" boards, then they replaced those with two or three and brought back mid-asile overheads (this is as they brought in the red full stop) now they've done this new wood and black thing.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Nick Harvey
God

Pete wrote: Sun 26 May, 2024 10.10 No Tesco have had a few.
Not to mention the recent change to the "Clubcard Price" messaging.

Can't think why they did that!
WillPS

Nick Harvey wrote: Sun 26 May, 2024 12.08
Pete wrote: Sun 26 May, 2024 10.10 No Tesco have had a few.
Not to mention the recent change to the "Clubcard Price" messaging.

Can't think why they did that!
Cant think what difference that made to fit outs?
Pete

WillPS wrote: Sun 26 May, 2024 13.36Cant think what difference that made to fit outs?
tbh the thing that got me was their claim it would cost £10m as if that was new money they'd need to find.

The majority of clubcard price branding is replaced every few weeks anyhow bar some end of aisle signage which again needs replaced in due course due to wear and tear.

The new non-lidl design is IMO nicer and clearer, especially as it was designed to properly handle the price per 100g after the Which? campaign.
thegeek

the new Asda design made me wonder what happened to the old "Permanently Low Prices Forever" stones that used to sit by the entrances, and it appears I'm not the only person to have thought that. He located a couple, but then the trail seems to have gone cold:

https://loststonesofasda.wordpress.com/
Andrew

Zimba wrote: Fri 24 May, 2024 20.52
all new Phil wrote: Fri 24 May, 2024 16.51 On the plus side, stores seem to have been sent signage for their (bizarre) little seating areas dotted around the stores now, rather than the home-made stuff each store was bodging together.

Must admit, I never did get the point, one of them has trolleys next to it aswell. Why you'd want a trolley 1/2 way round the shop is a mystery. Mind that said, a trolley - at all - would be a luxury lately. Feels like it's a bit of an issue and it's not unique to Morrison's either because there's at least 1 Tesco and at least 2 ASDA's with the exact the same problem. Feel like it's quite a recent issue aswell.

Where they go, god only knows. Mind I have seen a stack of them outside of someones house before all locked together which I did kind of find amusing, one way to beat the locks.
AGuyFromUpNorth wrote: Fri 24 May, 2024 19.10 The Morrisons interiors are indeed a mess. Over the past 10 years or so, we've had around 4-5 different variations of the Market Street signage. In around 2020, it seems they tried to correct this by fitting new bulkhead signage across (almost) all stores, which in fact was made of cardboard and just slapped right over the top of the old signage, only to reverse their decision and go back to using the old-style signs in the newly refitted stores!!

Aye feels like there's been more than 5 to me. Can think of at least 3 different versions in the past 2 year never mind 10 and that's excluding the 3 new shops which all have completely different designs.

Complete mess, mind ASDA isn't much better as they had the red, then Chosen By You, then the fake wood effect, then the black and now this. Funny it's the two shops that are struggling aswell compared to Sainsbury's and Tesco which have had 1 refresh in the last decade.
My local Sainsburys is like that where there is always a trolley available but only just, they’ll be never no more than about a dozen in the trolley park outside

Either there is a shortage or they’ve sacked the trolley collectors and they are all up the far end of the car park

They all seem absolutely knackered as well. 50% of the time I get one that makes so much noise you can hear me three aisles away

Maybe since they’ve stopped locking them all together since COVID, people are stealing them
bilky asko

Whereas my local Tesco is flush with new trollies introduced in time for a recent Scan as you Shop upgrade.

Indeed, my nearest Sainsbury's and Morrisons seem to have an abundance of trollies, if the latter are a bit worse for wear.
Pete

our tesco has a trolley refurb company come every couple of years and they get thrown into a van, cleaned up, fixed, and marked with a sticker for their MOT.