Another High Street Rebrand

User avatar
Pete
Posts: 7146
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2003 13.36
Location: Dundee

Mon 14 Oct, 2019 07.28

both nixdorf models. Newer Morrisons have NCR FastLane 6 which are excellent.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 19.48

Mon 14 Oct, 2019 11.16

Pete wrote:
Mon 14 Oct, 2019 07.28
both nixdorf models. Newer Morrisons have NCR FastLane 6 which are excellent.
What are both Nixdorf models?
Image
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 7146
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2003 13.36
Location: Dundee

Mon 14 Oct, 2019 13.32

bilky asko wrote:
Mon 14 Oct, 2019 11.16
Pete wrote:
Mon 14 Oct, 2019 07.28
both nixdorf models. Newer Morrisons have NCR FastLane 6 which are excellent.
What are both Nixdorf models?
sorry thought I'd quoted that.

The B&Q ones and the original Morrisons
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 19.48

Mon 14 Oct, 2019 13.49

Pete wrote:
Mon 14 Oct, 2019 13.32
bilky asko wrote:
Mon 14 Oct, 2019 11.16
Pete wrote:
Mon 14 Oct, 2019 07.28
both nixdorf models. Newer Morrisons have NCR FastLane 6 which are excellent.
What are both Nixdorf models?
sorry thought I'd quoted that.

The B&Q ones and the original Morrisons
I agree that the new Morrisons units are excellent. What is annoying is people who don't bother loading the items from the trolley onto the conveyor belt, or those who decide to stand six inches behind you and start loading their bags onto the bagging area before I've finished taking my items off.
Image
woah
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12.39
Location: Sheffield

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 21.03

A bit of an odd one, but Frankie and Benny's have gone back to the old logo that they changed in January 2018 - and seem to have toned down some the new, more playful branding they introduced at the time. It was a bit jarring at the time and didn't really fit with the old New York diner theme most of their restaurants have.
thegeek
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat 04 Jun, 2005 12.35

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 06.57

The rest of the BT monolith appears to have taken in the new letters-in-a-circle branding - at least it's on BT.com now.
tch999
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2008 23.02

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 13.01

woah wrote:
Thu 17 Oct, 2019 21.03
A bit of an odd one, but Frankie and Benny's have gone back to the old logo that they changed in January 2018 - and seem to have toned down some the new, more playful branding they introduced at the time. It was a bit jarring at the time and didn't really fit with the old New York diner theme most of their restaurants have.
What a peculiar, but welcome, backtrack. I used to visit my local F&B quite regularly but when they changed the branding I noticed the menu had shrunk dramatically. A lot of my favourite dishes disappeared and I couldn't help but feel that I was suddenly dining in a Little Chef. They ditched the playlist of New York/Ratpack classics and replaced it with something that sounded like Heart. Whilst not a massive fan of the soundtrack, it was at least in keeping with the decor.

Perhaps they realised it would have cost them an absolute fortune to rebrand all of the restaurants to the new theme and abandoned it on that basis? I've not actually seen one with the 'new' brand anywhere.
User avatar
WillPS
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2008 18.32
Location: Carlton
Contact:

Sun 20 Oct, 2019 21.03

I wasn't entirely sure it was an improvement either, but then I've kind of gone off Frankie & Benny's in the last decade or so.

Nothing on their menu is particularly brilliant, and all of it is overpriced.
Image
all new Phil
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun 13 Feb, 2005 00.04
Location: Next door to Hell

Sun 20 Oct, 2019 21.11

It’s pretty good for breakfast and lunch. They’ve upped their veggie game recently.
*ass
Martin Phillp
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

Mon 21 Oct, 2019 17.46

Wilko have installed new Nixdorf POS in my local store, replacing the god awful Fujitsu ones that constantly broke down.
TVF's London Lite.
woah
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12.39
Location: Sheffield

Mon 21 Oct, 2019 18.57

They seem to be slowly rolling it out rather than a blanket swapout. I'm hoping it means the introduction of self service checkouts in time - they trialled them in Sheffield around 2008 before the rebrand when they still had IBM registers, but they ripped them out when the Fujitsu ones were introduced shortly thereafter.
Post Reply