weeds..

Lorns

As it's been allegedly unseasonly dry round my neck of the woods. How come wild flowers i.e bluebells and weeds ( dandelions) still flourish in arid conditions? Yet the grass and other pretty flowers die?
Everything i don't want to grow is in abundance yet the stuff i want to grow dies. Next Year i'm gonna grow a crop of dandelions and nettles to sell as tea. It'll be a fab dieuretic and cure any wee probs.

BTW has anyone else noticed how massive the bees are this year? I'm thinking of building a helipad on my shed roof for them.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
jsm

I think wildflowers, and especially weeds, are well-adapted towards environmental stresses such as droughts, whereas grasses, especially the types used on lawns, and planted flowers are used to being watered and pampered by us.

We've had quite a late spring this year, with plenty of rain, and the dandelions here have been absolutely massive. Unfortunately, so is the pollen count. I hate seasonal allergies.
Nick Harvey
God

There's no such thing as a weed. There are just flowers which are in the wrong place.
Sput

What about seaweed?
Knight knight
bilky asko

Sput wrote:What about seaweed?
It's a tasty flower in the wrong place.