Proposals: something I've always wondered...

Finn

When people buy a ring and propose to someone, how do they know what size the ring should be without giving the game away?

:S
Gavin Scott
Admin

I think you choose a large size and then its much easier to have it fitted after.

Not that I've ever experienced that. :(
Lorns

In my experience men don't go to that much trouble. They buy the ring then it has to be sent away for several weeks to get it altered.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Finn

What would a woman do then? ;)
Lorns

Oh i dunno i've never proposed to a bloke. I suppose i would nick one of his rings and ask the jeweller for a ring a size larger/ smaller or same size as the one i've given them to size up. Then return the ring but not in the same place i took it from. That way the other half would think they had misplaced it all along.

Or you can get a ring sizer and while the other half is asleep you can measure their ring finger.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Finn

miss hellfire wrote:Oh i dunno i've never proposed to a bloke. I suppose i would nick one of his rings and ask the jeweller for a ring a size larger/ smaller or same size as the one i've given them to size up. Then return the ring but not in the same place i took it from. That way the other half would think they had misplaced it all along.
This would be a problem is said person doesn't wear rings.
Or you can get a ring sizer and while the other half is asleep you can measure their ring finger.
This is quite ingenious :)

This may be one of those times when I wish I thought more like a woman ;)
all new Phil

Are you planning to invite someone to slip their finger into your ring, Neil?
Lorns

And for an easy solution to getting a ring sizer. If you have an avon lady in your area ask her for one.
Jamez
Banned

all new Phil wrote:Are you planning to invite someone to slip their finger into your ring, Neil?
Well, one of us HAD to ask that eh, Phil?! :D
User Removed
Lorns

all new Phil wrote:Are you planning to invite someone to slip their finger into your ring, Neil?
And you wonder why you get few pms. You dirty dirty boy! ;)
Finn

I choose to ignore the smut and filth implied in your post, Phil.

Perhaps we should talk about fisting instead...