cat in TVF ban farce - Troutie tells critics to **** off

B.E. El-Zebub

cat has been banned for calling James H(all)/Jaime Faux-continental-name at cunt for his crass observations about Ginny Buckley

What is the world coming to? :shock: :shock:

The soderators really are hopeless, aren't they?
Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn o lyswennod
Ant

Here's the link if anyone's interested.
Nick Harvey
God

Post removed due to the name of the thread being changed to something which MIGHT not be accurate.
Jamez
Banned

I am shocked.

I think we should launch another famous campaign:

Unban cat!
Sput

It could even have a slogan

Ban Shat, not cat
Nick Harvey
God

Mr Sputty, Sir.

Is your 16:9 avatar image a tribute to Mr Shirtlifter or simply to all those widescreen television owners who can't work out how to get the thing to reproduce squareovision?

Either way, I'm afraid it's starting to annoy me.
Gavin Scott
Admin

I would have to say that the original comments re Ginny Buckley were indeed crass and unnecessary. Not least because there was absolutely no trace of "chest hair" to be see in the picture. Sorry James, but that's the way I see it.

But this also perplexes me:
cat wrote:You are such a c*nt.
Jaimé Alexandéz wrote:....and I'm a very fine singer at that!

(assuming you meant "cant")
cat wrote:No, I meant [Mod edit: B A N N E D (word that was here replaced]

Geddit?
Doesn't it read as though cat was provoked into uttering the offensive word?

If bans are really necessary here (and I don't think they are), then perhaps we should be questioning whether they were dished out appropriately.
Sput

Nick Harvey wrote:Is your 16:9 avatar image a tribute to Mr Shirtlifter or simply to all those widescreen television owners who can't work out how to get the thing to reproduce squareovision?
I'm disappointed, Nick, that you're not the first to spot the shatskit, but YAY at you noticing - I will be keeping it for a little while I'm afraid, as I'm now keen to see the wrath of nick!

As for this banning, whoever did it, it just shows he's incapable of using rational judgement - banning someone who's been a genuinely interesting and useful contributor from the very beginning of tvf based on one (ok, repeated) insult?
russnet

My feelings is why go for an instant ban when a warning could have been appropriate if it needed one initally. Seems pointless and a shallow victory in my eyes.
James H

Gavin Scott wrote:I would have to say that the original comments re Ginny Buckley were indeed crass and unnecessary. Not least because there was absolutely no trace of "chest hair" to be see in the picture. Sorry James, but that's the way I see it.

But this also perplexes me:
cat wrote:You are such a c*nt.
Jaimé Alexandéz wrote:....and I'm a very fine singer at that!

(assuming you meant "cant")
cat wrote:No, I meant [Mod edit: B A N N E D (word that was here replaced]

Geddit?
Doesn't it read as though cat was provoked into uttering the offensive word?

If bans are really necessary here (and I don't think they are), then perhaps we should be questioning whether they were dished out appropriately.
I will agree, it was a very tongue in cheek observation about the awful Miss Buckley. Apologies.

I had no intention to have cat banned. It was up to Charlie and he PMed me earlier on. Apparently I reported the post. No such RTP was ever dropped off.

I don't condone cat's banning. I'd rather have him as a member of TVF. Even if he did tell me I was a cunt.
Gavin Scott
Admin

So Charlie is saying there was an RTP by you, and you say this is not so?

I may as well post this here before it is deleted:
rts on TV Forum wrote:It's more than likely this thread will be closed, or removed, which will of course completely play right in favour of my arguement, and one which I share with many other members.

For those who do not know, c@t, who has been a prominent member since the start of TV Forum some four or five years ago, has been banned for calling a member, James H, a word which I am not able to repeat.

Admitantly the situation in this thread could have been dealt better by c@t, but more so by the moderator who took the move to ban him.

c@t has contributed vast amounts of his knowledge and intellegence from varying different areas during his time on TV Forum, and far more than James H, who infact has contributed very little. Again I am speaking on behalf of countless other members, but that is a seperate arguement.

Although I perfectly acknowledge a rather extreme use of the English language was applied, a warning, and some perspective on this situation would have been more than sufficient, rather than this desperately embarassing situation a member of the moderating team now finds themselves in.