http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19156

I propose a motion of no confidence in Charlie Wells
Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn o lyswennod
James Hatts

Deleted already. Blimey.

edit - the Newsroom version's gone, but it's still in the main forum
James H

He seems to think I RTPed cat, and this is the PM I received:

A warning was issued to 'cat' earlier this evening. However since then he decided to post the word in full and then amusingly reported his reply. In light of his antics he has now been banned.
rts

Here it is guys. Maybe some serious discussions should continue in this thread, keeping it high on the agenda.
James H

I have PMed charlie saying I think his decision was wrong. Here's hoping cat will return.

If not, there's always a different user name I suppose
Jamez
Banned

You're such a cunt, James H.

*awaits banning*
iSon

James H wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:I would have to say that the original comments re Ginny Buckley were indeed crass and unnecessary. Not least because there was absolutely no trace of "chest hair" to be see in the picture. Sorry James, but that's the way I see it.

But this also perplexes me:
cat wrote:You are such a c*nt.
Jaimé Alexandéz wrote:....and I'm a very fine singer at that!

(assuming you meant "cant")
cat wrote:No, I meant [Mod edit: B A N N E D (word that was here replaced]

Geddit?
Doesn't it read as though cat was provoked into uttering the offensive word?

If bans are really necessary here (and I don't think they are), then perhaps we should be questioning whether they were dished out appropriately.
I will agree, it was a very tongue in cheek observation about the awful Miss Buckley. Apologies.

I had no intention to have cat banned. It was up to Charlie and he PMed me earlier on. Apparently I reported the post. No such RTP was ever dropped off.

I don't condone cat's banning. I'd rather have him as a member of TVF. Even if he did tell me I was a cunt.
Short memory...?

Topic: Sky News
Forum: The Newsroom

Is this an example of cat?

"You are such a c*nt. "

Date: 3rd January - 7:20pm
Poster: cat
Reported By: Jaimé Alexandéz
The user has requested that posts in the vicinity should be checked too.

Action taken: Issued warning to cat (Charlie Wells)
Lock the topic Remove the topic
Good Lord!
James H

Isonstine wrote:
James H wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:I would have to say that the original comments re Ginny Buckley were indeed crass and unnecessary. Not least because there was absolutely no trace of "chest hair" to be see in the picture. Sorry James, but that's the way I see it.

But this also perplexes me:
Doesn't it read as though cat was provoked into uttering the offensive word?

If bans are really necessary here (and I don't think they are), then perhaps we should be questioning whether they were dished out appropriately.
I will agree, it was a very tongue in cheek observation about the awful Miss Buckley. Apologies.

I had no intention to have cat banned. It was up to Charlie and he PMed me earlier on. Apparently I reported the post. No such RTP was ever dropped off.

I don't condone cat's banning. I'd rather have him as a member of TVF. Even if he did tell me I was a cunt.
Short memory...?

Topic: Sky News
Forum: The Newsroom

Is this an example of cat?

"You are such a c*nt. "

Date: 3rd January - 7:20pm
Poster: cat
Reported By: Jaimé Alexandéz
The user has requested that posts in the vicinity should be checked too.

Action taken: Issued warning to cat (Charlie Wells)
Lock the topic Remove the topic
Evidently. I don't remember reporting that??
iSon

Well clearly you did.

But you see this is what we tend to find. Why say you didn't want c@t banned when you immediately reported his first post?

If you're going to live up to your name...at least admit to it!
Good Lord!
tvmercia

James H wrote:Evidently. I don't remember reporting that??
i put it to you that you are a liar james. a rotten, stinking liar.

did you decide to lie when you thought that cat was more popular than you?

pathetic.
Jamez
Banned

The cat topic started by Rod has been removed overnight to the moderators forum.

Personally, I think the banning of cat was slightly heavy-handed, and at least cat got an explantion for his banning, unlike me ('Equidem'), for which I'm still awaiting a reason as to why I was banned last month.

Surely Asa still isn't holding the Chris Rogers thing against me? Hell, it was the best part of THREE years ago!

Asa's policies are biased, unfair, xenophobic and disgustingly facist. The only comfort we can take, is that TV Forum is slowly but surely going to the dogs under the leadership of Asa and Charlie Wells.

The overwhelming addition (seemingly un-noticed) of braindead cretins ruling the roost over there and quelling any serious or provocative debate is one of the main reasons why so-called "old-schoolers" and media insiders are slowly but surely disregarding the forum as a place for reasoned debate.

The reason for TVF's continuing downfall can easily be summarised:

:arrow: The Mocks and Requests forums actively breed trolls, mentals and other undesirables.

:arrow: The average demographic of a TV Forum user is now a 15 yr old male with poor grammar and social skills. Four years ago, the average age and sex was 18/19 Male with a decent grasp of English.

:arrow: The actual look and feel of the site invites undesirables. With it's Playschool colours and shapes, pretty little pictures on the frontpage - it looks more like a CBBC website than a mainstream grown-up media site.

:arrow: One of the most prolific moderators on TVF is 16 years old. How the hell can a 16 yr old have formed enough knowledge of the complications of disputes and social understanding to have any authority over a disscussion. The kid's barely started shaving, and yet he has been granted powers of authority over a forum of around 2,000 members, many of whom are twice his age and have a shedload of life and educational experience behind them.

:arrow: Asa is clearly very left-wing in his approach and understanding of the world around him, and this is clearly demonstrated in his continual narrow-mindedness and consistent failure to see the bigger picture.

Whatever his personal ideals of the world are, they should not influence the way he runs the site. A moderator should be exactly that. A moderate, and not someone who quells any personal opinion of anything remotely un-PC or potentially libelous.

So what should Asa's main priorities be right now, if he wants to salvage his dying site?

Get rid of the trolls
Get rid of the mocks and requests fora
Demote Charlie Wells as a matter of urgency
Re-design the site so it looks contemporary, modern and professional. Not a clone of the Newsround website.