whyPhone?

Gavin Scott
Admin

rts wrote:Is there a Shazam type app for humming?

I heard a great song in South Africa in the summer, I know how it goes, but can't find it anywhere.
The Lion Sleeps Tonight?
iSon

Try Midomi at http://www.midomi.com/

There is an app for the iPhone but you can also hum or sing to your hearts content on their website too. First person to get it to recognise the BBC World 2000 ident will get an evening with Stephen Cole.
Good Lord!
Pete

nodnirG kraM wrote:Freeeeeeee Nelson Mandella-ella-ella-undermyumbrella.
They played Free Nelson Mandela in B&Q the other day, I found it rather odd nestled in amongst the normal set of power ballads they play.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rts

One thing I'm finding is I keep hitting space bar twice for a full stop like on iPhones and Blackberries. Maybe this will come to computers in the future...
cdd

But it's not a useful feature on computers because the full stop key is always accessible instead of being two presses away!
Sput

I thought the proper way to start a new sentence when typing was a full stop followed by two spaces. That's what I was taught.
Knight knight
Nick Harvey
God

Sput wrote:I thought the proper way to start a new sentence when typing was a full stop followed by two spaces. That's what I was taught.
Indeed. Except on here. Where the software removes one of the two spaces even if you put them in. You'll see they're there, however, if you quote me.
Alexia

Nick Harvey wrote:
Sput wrote:I thought the proper way to start a new sentence when typing was a full stop followed by two spaces. That's what I was taught.
Indeed. Except on here. Where the software removes one of the two spaces even if you put them in. You'll see they're there, however, if you quote me.
I was taught only for word processing. I never was taught netiquette at GCSE IT.
Ebeneezer Scrooge

Nick Harvey wrote:
That'll just be HTML removing successive spaces rather than the forum software. Unless you use the <pre> tags, all successive whitespace will be stripped to one space even though it will exist in the database/file.
Snarky
Sput

Alexia wrote:
Nick Harvey wrote:
I was taught only for word processing. I never was taught netiquette at GCSE IT.
Then you should know better than to keep Caps Lock engaged so often :)
Knight knight
Alexia

Sput wrote:
Alexia wrote: I was taught only for word processing. I never was taught netiquette at GCSE IT.
Then you should know better than to keep Caps Lock engaged so often :)
I have big elbows; I tend to lean on my shift button ;)