Upload Service 2.1 - tagging/ie7 fixes

Silver Nemesis

Sput wrote:Yes, insofar as there was an ambiguity: if someone had an underscore in their username their files would never be found. If I get hyma to disallow underscores in names then I can have that back the way it was. Please bear with me.
OK, thanks. I'll leave the links in my posts as they are for now, then.
Sput

Right, talking to hyma here is the plan: We'll not allow any more usernames with underscores (because they're messy and poo anyway) and change the 11 usernames that contain underscores to contain hyphens instead.

M_in_m, I now pronounce you M-in-m.
Knight knight
Beep

Hymagumba wrote:because the question is not "would you like this hidden" it is "would you like this hidden FROM YOUR LIBRARY."

Say you uploaded gmtv-secret.mp3, tagged it gmtv, and unticked the box.

It WILL NOT appear in your /beep profile (as you unticked the box)

It WILL show under /tagged/gmtv because you tagged it. (although the uploader will show as "?" and not beep.

So, if you want to keep something completely invisable, DO NOT tag, and UNTICK the box.

Probably should add a note about that on the form.
Thank you very much for clearing that up.
m-in-m

Sput wrote:Right, talking to hyma here is the plan: We'll not allow any more usernames with underscores (because they're messy and poo anyway) and change the 11 usernames that contain underscores to contain hyphens instead.

M_in_m, I now pronounce you M-in-m.
I feel like a right pleb. I've been locked out of my account till now all because I didn't have the sense to read the threads without logging in, oh and because I think in a half asleep daze I misread an email and deleted it. Whoops. Sorry for the pain in the arse username.
Sput

Aww, well sorry about my inability to convey spaces in URLs properly
Knight knight
m-in-m

Sput wrote:Aww, well sorry about my inability to convey spaces in URLs properly
Not a problem - had I kept up to date with tvf I would have seen Hyma's message there as well. It's not it wasn't tried and _ are a pain in the ass - many sites don't accept them.
LaSeandre

Sput wrote:Aww, well sorry about my inability to convey spaces in URLs properly
*cough* %20 *cough*
Sput

You try sticking a % sign into a .php?foo= argument. Security first, actual knowledge later :)
Knight knight