Who killed the "pop" ?

Sput

bee bee see wrote:I didn't start this thread...

And I do do stuff, just I know I should do more.
Didn't say you did start the thread, but every now and again you do.
Knight knight
Gluben

Fair enough.
Johnny

James Martin wrote:The guitar bands killed the pop.

Bloody Mika, Razorlight, Kaiser Chiefs and all this rubbish.

Get some feel-good back in the charts like we had in the 90s.
I must be one of the few who disagrees with that statement.

I like two of the three mentioned (can't stand Mika & that fucking Grace Kelly song).

I actually think British music is in the best state it has been for years, since late 2005 these bands have been coming back and a welcome return to them as well. 2003 & 2004 were terrible years for music, Gangsta Rap ruled the charts pop consisted of the Ketchup Song & that song where they sang "Mi-a-hee", etc.

The songs at the moment are great although I will admit that pop is missing from the charts, unfortunately the likes of Aztec Camera, Deacon Blue, Soul II Soul and the like have been replaced with manufactured shyte by Simon Cowell and the like.

Until someone writes a decent pop song I think we'll have a long wait and if Girls Aloud split up (the only real pop act still doing well) then you'll have the likes of Scootch and Shane Ward representing some very piss poor pop music

End of rambling bollocks
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Gluben

Johnny wrote:

I like two of the three mentioned (can't stand Mika & that fucking Grace Kelly song).

I actually think British music is in the best state it has been for years, since late 2005 these bands have been coming back and a welcome return to them as well. 2003 & 2004 were terrible years for music, Gangsta Rap ruled the charts pop consisted of the Ketchup Song & that song where they sang "Mi-a-hee", etc.

The songs at the moment are great although I will admit that pop is missing from the charts, unfortunately the likes of Aztec Camera, Deacon Blue, Soul II Soul and the like have been replaced with manufactured shyte by Simon Cowell and the like.

Until someone writes a decent pop song I think we'll have a long wait and if Girls Aloud split up (the only real pop act still doing well) then you'll have the likes of Scootch and Shane Ward representing some very piss poor pop music

End of rambling bollocks
Completely agree. Except I cannot forgive Girls Aloud for their cover of "Walk This Way" with the Sugababes. Appalling stuff.
Johnny

bee bee see wrote:
Johnny wrote:

End of rambling bollocks
Completely agree. Except I cannot forgive Girls Aloud for their cover of "Walk This Way" with the Sugababes. Appalling stuff.
Would have been better if the video was how Chris Moyles though it was going to be :lol: Plus it was for charadee

I have heard worse, McFly's cover of Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" ruined that song for me, and it used to be one my favourite Queen songs :x
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
James Martin

That should have been an executable offence.

McFly deserve to die.
Sput

Johnny wrote:
bee bee see wrote:
Johnny wrote: I must be one of the few who disagrees with that statement.

End of rambling bollocks
Would have been better if the video was how Chris Moyles though it was going to be :lol: Plus it was for charadee

I have heard worse, McFly's cover of Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" ruined that song for me, and it used to be one my favourite Queen songs :x

The common theme? Charity! Never underestimate the willingless of today's mediocre performers to trample all over a genuinely good song with the protective shield of "it's for a good cause".
Knight knight
ali.james

Pop music was rubbish ever since The Smiths broke up :(
James Martin

Pop Music had a bright future.

Then the Spice Girls broke up and we were subjected to all this guitar shit, and emo tossers like My Chemical Romance making number one.

Anyone who likes emo should really be dead, if they've not been driven to suicide already.

Just coz you play a guitar does not make you a proper musician.

Pisses me off.
Pete

you like wishing people dead don't you.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
James Martin

Only you.