Recording Audio!

lewsnews

Does anyone know how I could be able to record the audio that comes from my computer's speakers in mp3 without using a mike hence keeping pretty much the same audio quality as I first heard it? For example audio from URLs, not that I want to go nick some copyrighted audio, but to get sound off of a friend's YouTube video.

Rgs
cdd

audio mixer, recording options, stereo mix/what-u-hear
Nick Harvey
God

You need to go back a stage, because, ideally, you need line level, which is lower than speaker level, to feed direct into the "line in" on your sound card.

What, exactly, are you listening to on your speakers? Radio? Cassette? Disc? Old Fashioned Gramophone? What?

More advice can then follow.
Jovis

Download Audacity, choose Stereo Mixer, turn the volume down on the program a bit, and hit Record.
Pete

teehee

although I'm more concerned that your avatar is hosted on bbc.co.uk
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Jovis

Yeah, I noticed that. Scary really.
MarkN

Hymagumba wrote:Image

teehee

although I'm more concerned that your avatar is hosted on bbc.co.uk
He has a blog on the BBC site as well:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/content/a ... file.shtml
lewsnews

This is turning into a bit of an odd one really... bit like half (or all) of the stuff I have written on the page especially the sprouts bit... however, that made it onto the BBC World Service radio... they even sent me a badge :lol:
Pete

lewsnews wrote:This is turning into a bit of an odd one really... bit like half (or all) of the stuff I have written on the page especially the sprouts bit... however, that made it onto the BBC World Service radio... they even sent me a badge :lol:
perhaps next time they could send you a medal
"He has to be larger than bacon"