The Weekly 'Is TV Forum Down?' Thread

Ant

Can't get on at the moment. Just getting a timeout error - not the usual spinning circle message. The same for anyone else?
Matrix

Same Antz.

Can't even access the site. Oh well.
James H

I've had it non-stop since 11. It's ridiculous.
Sput

James H wrote:I've had it non-stop since 11. It's ridiculous.
This is no time for bragging!

;)
Knight knight
James H

Sput wrote:
James H wrote:I've had it non-stop since 11. It's ridiculous.
This is no time for bragging!

;)
I bet you've had it for longer, so long you needed a coolant on your head
Chris

TV Forum crash #1,659,340,285 then? :P

Seriously, I think Asa needs to get a decent host. If the servers keep on keeling over every so often, then it's not really much good, is it?
Ant

It's back (at long last).
James H

Nick Harvey wrote:I'm going to reproduce what follows here because I just have this very strange feeling that the original thread, over in TVF, might suddenly and mysteriously, disappear.
Nick Harvey wrote:
Antz wrote:It is getting to the point that long-standing members are not getting treated very well, compared to the newer members who are practically getting kissed.
This is also my current perception, as may well have been gleaned from some of my recent posts.

The situation on here is now very similar to the "political correctness gone mad" situation out in the real world.

The moderators here appear to be bending over backwards to support the dullards, the dyslexic, the retarded and the ignorant, at the expense of the more intelligent members who now get little or no support, and regular criticism if they so much as dare to make a comment on one of the former category.

That is exactly why I gave up trying to draw attention to the threads started by these lesser mortals, in any other way than simply publishing a picture of a train. My hope in publishing a picture of a mode of transport was that they might just understand that the implied second word was "off".

Gavin mentioned at the top of this thread the matter of cause and effect. It should be obvious to everyone that the idiotic threads from morons are clearly the cause in this argument and the pictures of trains are simply an effect.

To attack the effect, rather than the cause never gets anyone anywhere, in life, or on an internet forum.

The cause of the problem, the moronic idiots, need to be culled if we are to retain any form of intelligent intercourse in this place; that is, of course, unless the administrator and moderators really do want to reduce all discussions here to the lowest common denominator, with no intelligent input and every post badly constructed, mis-spelled and mainly consisting of "txt spk".

Our administrator has made it pretty clear in the past, that he wants this place to be "open to all". In the past, however, we have been lucky enough to have a clear majority who have the power of intelligent discussion, with only a relatively small number of idiots on board.

A decision now needs to be made, and published, so if the current, perceived, policy of supporting the fools, to the detriment of the huge band of loyal members, is to be the future norm for this place, then those of us who delight in intelligent discussion can make our own decisions on a future home.
The topic you mentioned has actually gone... click on the link. Go on. I dare ya.
Pete

they've moved it into the secret forum. how VERY rude.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Nick Harvey
God

How very expected.
Gavin Scott
Admin

As I was the original author of said thread, I demand an explanation.

Ten-a-penny idiots have their threads left in place or, at best, locked and left on the board.

Why was mine removed from sight?

Ison - as the representative from the TV Forum portakabin, please report to Metropol Towers with an explanation.

And a vanilla slice - if you are passing a Greggs.