Windows Vista set for 2006

BBC LDN

Hymagumba wrote:I expect MS will just buy the company
Except these days Microsoft can't scratch its arse without antitrust lawyers going nuts wondering what Gates is up to now.
Bail

DJGM wrote:Image
I've seen that and from a promo video I saw a while ago it does its fnacy stuff with vector graphics. So it's basically an OS made in flash... although I've never found many PC's that can play detailed flash full screen at a viewable framerate.
Asa

Does anyone know if the black start bar style (as seen in the screenshot above) is available as a theme for download in the same way as Royale was (i.e. without a skinning program)?
James Martin

is there any themes avaiable without skinning? would like a new one.
SteveL

Asa wrote:Does anyone know if the black start bar style (as seen in the screenshot above) is available as a theme for download in the same way as Royale was (i.e. without a skinning program)?
In short, no. Your best option is probably softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Longhorn-Transformation-Pack-To-the-Ultimate-Transforming.shtml, it's specifically for Aero (the black theme), and it's easy to install/uninstall.
MarkN

Sorry for going off-topic:
James Martin wrote:is there any themes avaiable without skinning? would like a new one.
'Flava', in a post on TV Forum, wrote:May I suggest locating your Caps Lock button first?

You will most likely find it above the left SHIFT button. Dunno about other keyboards but mine's on the left of the A key.
:roll:
James Martin

Yes, but tvmercia ALWAYS does it and it annoys the hell out of me.

I don't like him calling me james martin... I'm James Martin!
TML

SteveL wrote:
Asa wrote:Does anyone know if the black start bar style (as seen in the screenshot above) is available as a theme for download in the same way as Royale was (i.e. without a skinning program)?
In short, no. Your best option is probably softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Longhorn-Transformation-Pack-To-the-Ultimate-Transforming.shtml, it's specifically for Aero (the black theme), and it's easy to install/uninstall.
Or you could just download this http://www.deviantart.com/view/20657639/

A slightly brighter grey theme comes with it too :shock:
steddenm

SteveL wrote:
BE WARNED: I have just downloaded the file and it's packed with spyware. If you delete the spyware using SpyBot AND MS AntiSpyware it still runs ok.
DJGM

steddenm wrote:
SteveL wrote:
Asa wrote: Does anyone know if the black start bar style (as seen in the screenshot above) is available
as a theme for download in the same way as Royale was (i.e. without a skinning program)?
In short, no. Your best option is probably (link to Longhorn Transformation Pack thingy
removed), it's specifically for Aero (the black theme), and it's easy to install/uninstall.
BE WARNED: I have just downloaded the file and it's packed with spyware. If you
delete the spyware using SpyBot AND MS AntiSpyware it still runs ok.
That's a damn good to steer well clear of it then. IMO, any software developer that bundles spyware or any other type of
unwanted malware with their software, does not deserve to exist, no matter what primary benefit their software offers.
TML wrote: Or you could just download this http://www.deviantart.com/view/20657639/

A slightly brighter grey theme comes with it too :shock:
It might try that theme later. I'll need to reboot back into XP though! Although having the iMac G5 as the "My Computer" icon
looks really out of place on a third party Windows XP theme that's supposed to mimic the look of Windows Longhorn/Vista!
steddenm

I have just installed Windows Vista Beta 1 and the following problems arose already...

:arrow: It can no longer communicate with my Samsung laser printer

:arrow: The DVD-RW drive now is recognized as a CD-RW

:arrow: Office 2003 won't install

:arrow: Nor will Adobe 7

:arrow: It doesn't like Java neither.

Gonna roll back now to XP!