TV Forum needs help

James H

Robert is itsrobert, one of the soderators on tvf. Well, he's a moderator, the rest have soderated-off.
Nick Harvey
God

James H wrote:itsrobert
Bad sign there, all lower case and no spaces, he must be a bit of no good!

<joke!>
GJ Online

Ohh, Ok

I know many of the people on The TV Forum and Metropol hate me but I want to start a fresh with all of you. I don't know what I can do apart from the people who are about to type "Stop posting, you idot."
But on other forums, I am respected for who I am but it seems you lot just can't get along with me.
When I started posted here, It was the first forum I had ever register and posted on apart from those dumb AOL forums and chat rooms that are really mad and are not moderated like Metropol is, By the way - That is good!
If I can get along with just a handful of people then that would be ok but having a large number of people who I have done nothing to and just want to hate me without getting to know me is unfair.
I am sure that people do think I am a "Troll" but if I am a "Troll" then there are many that are worse than me and I just want to say sorry to all those people offended by my mass posting on the TV Fourum before I was banned but I post about once a day now under the name of "The Best of The Box," The reason I am posting my new user name is because I have nothing to hide.
The last time that I tried to get this over to all the members is the night I was banned, I belive this is the time to get this post on the forum.
I am also sorry about the spelling and grammer of my posts, I will try in the future to impove this!

Thanks for your time,
Greg J

* Sorry about the incorrect spelling. *
James H

Nick Harvey wrote:

<joke!>
Ah Nick, what would we do without you, sir?
itsrobert

Nick Harvey wrote:

<joke!>
I know what you mean, Nick. He's one to keep your eye on!
iSon

'My forum opponents can have their pound of flesh - and they do - but they will never get to my core, my beliefs, what I stand for, what I have done for TV Forum and what remains to be done. When this thread started, it was said that I was facing forum oblivion, my moderation in tatters, apparently never to be part of forum life again. Well they underestimated TV Forum and they underestimated me, because I am a fighter and not a quitter.'

Or in other words...

Well let me wade in here, I believe I was mentioned somewhere about page 2 anyway.

I can make one promise to you all - there will be a zero tolerance approach from me over the weekend. Why? Well it's only really the time I've had recently.

This week I've been at LBC on work experience so I've had absolutely no time to do anything on the forums.

But anyway!!
Good Lord!
Andrew

TVDragon wrote:
Andrew wrote:Anybody who uses this :lol: after something like 'ITV is rubbish' is one to watch as well. Maybe overuse of Emoticons should be added to the rules, a good way to get rid of some
What's this one all about > :x

Usually a bad sign whenever it's used.

Perhaps registration disabled during school holidays. But as someone else said earlier, tvf loses something without the odd dodgy character or two -- mind you the standard of weirdo is nowhere near what it was.
Most of time it isn't dodgy characters its just complete idiots who post a load of nonsense constantly.

My favourite is "What with [really minor issue] getting a new look, maybe we will see [large once every 5 years job] geing relaunched as well".

There's 3 of those today, whether GMTV will get a new look with Eammon leaving despite the fact they never change hardly anything ever, whether the ITV Lunchtime News will get a new studio and whether the new BBC Weather graphics will cause a relaunch of BBC News. One that often comes up is "A long Acrobats was shown earlier, maybe this means they are getting a new look"

There should be a new thread here where people post the most banal quotes they've seen on TV Forum as they come up
noelfirl

Isonstine wrote:I can make one promise to you all - there will be a zero tolerance approach from me over the weekend. Why? Well it's only really the time I've had recently.
So... is this the *official* TV Forum Weekend of the Long Knives then?
Jamez
Banned

noelfirl wrote:
Isonstine wrote:I can make one promise to you all - there will be a zero tolerance approach from me over the weekend. Why? Well it's only really the time I've had recently.
Ooh, does this call for a *special* signature image to celebrate the 'Trashing of the Trolls'? :D
User Removed
iSon

noelfirl wrote:
Well if I can have the official line then, yes yes it is.
Good Lord!
scottishtv

Gavin Scott wrote:Why would winifred come back to repeat her behaviour immediately after being banned? Does it not strike you as odd that she doesn't understand that if she is not welcome in a community then there is no point in being there?

Perhaps I should locate her at Edinburgh Uni and ask these questions myself.
I was slightly freaked out to find she was at the same said Uni as me, but luckily I'm not at her building. More worringly though, I do live quite close to the said area where Geography is taught. It could mean she's within a mile radius of me right now.

If it's the truth though and she *is* at Uni, she's got to be one of these people:

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/people/student ... category=5

The question is, which one?

Also, she should, most probably, be writing a 15,000 word dissertation at the moment if any of this academic thing is true.