Northern Rail

Andrew

The 8 car ones would have been even better if the government's transport policy wasn't in such a mess.

Also, all you Midlands fans will surely be pleased to know that some your lime green trains are now operating for both First Transpennine Express and Northern across the North of England and will no doubt not be repainted for years
Gareth

Andrew wrote:The 8 car ones would have been even better if the government's transport policy wasn't in such a mess.

Also, all you Midlands fans will surely be pleased to know that some your lime green trains are now operating for both First Transpennine Express and Northern across the North of England and will no doubt not be repainted for years
Arriva trains Wales are still running green and blue ex Central units on the Cambrian lines to Aberystwyth and Pwtheli which now have had Wales and Borders and Arriva stickers over the Central ones. These trains are very very badly maintained tho and internally they are horrible! thank goodness for the "pastie" train which keeps making it's way to Aberystwyth!

Gareth
Johnny

First Great Eastern lost their franchise April 2004

80% of trains STILL have the First GER livery although the "First" logo has been removed.

The new "One" railway ones have quite a mixture of colour.
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Andrew

Northern have still got trains in Regional Railways colours, how long ago was privatisation?!

And also yes the ex Central Trains erm trains are in a bad state, First Transpennine Express have posters up apologising for them, I went on one with no carpet under the seats and no toilet door!
tvmercia

Andrew wrote:Northern have still got trains in Regional Railways colours, how long ago was privatisation?!

And also yes the ex Central Trains erm trains are in a bad state, First Transpennine Express have posters up apologising for them, I went on one with no carpet under the seats and no toilet door!
oh dear, cant believe i am dipping my toe into a train-related thread, but any way ...

i dont think i have ever been on a shabby central train. the centro ones are by no means new, but theres nowt wrong with them, indeed they have tellys on them with the latest central and itn news(yes, actual itn branded news, none of this itv news nonesense) on - what more do you want.

and the non-centro services that go outside the county are nice and posh and new.

perhaps these old trains of which you speak are from the east midlands or something.
Johnny

I think it's either South Central or South Eastern Trains where some of them STILL have the "Network South East" livery & some still have the three striped logo on the front of the train (however not the NSE tag)
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
jay

tvmercia wrote:
Andrew wrote:Northern have still got trains in Regional Railways colours, how long ago was privatisation?!

oh dear, cant believe i am dipping my toe into a train-related thread, but any way ...

i dont think i have ever been on a shabby central train. the centro ones are by no means new, but theres nowt wrong with them, indeed they have tellys on them with the latest central and itn news(yes, actual itn branded news, none of this itv news nonesense) on - what more do you want.

and the non-centro services that go outside the county are nice and posh and new.

perhaps these old trains of which you speak are from the east midlands or something.
Actually all Central Trains (All that I have ever seen and been on) in the East Mids are the shiny new ones as well. They look like this:
Twitter: @jasonbetts
Andrew

Well that's probably right as us in the North and them in Wales have now got the old ones!
You do quite well in the Midlands for trains by the looks of it, nice new ones like that (I've seen those in Sheffield), and you've got no pacers
jay

Andrew wrote:Well that's probably right as us in the North and them in Wales have now got the old ones!
You do quite well in the Midlands for trains by the looks of it, nice new ones like that (I've seen those in Sheffield), and you've got no pacers
Forgive me for asking, but what are pacers?
Twitter: @jasonbetts
Johnny

GER in my opinion has got worse since First Group lost them to "One" railway
Johnny

Andrew

jay wrote:
Andrew wrote:Well that's probably right as us in the North and them in Wales have now got the old ones!
Forgive me for asking, but what are pacers?
Horrible bus style trains.
They look like this http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p11857668.html inside