Queen for a week - Metropol247 launches QueenRadio

johnnyboy

To celebrate what would have been Freddie's birthday on September 5th, QueenRadio launches free for one week, showcasing some of the band's best-known hits and lesser-known tracks (including from solo works).

The radio will be free to listen to, of course, and will be accessible for users of both dial-up and broadband. The playlist will change three times over the course of the week to enable you to hear as much as possible.

Up to 25 listeners can tune in at a time - after that, I am afraid the bandwith limit is capped. No DJs or anything, the odd advert, but the rest Queen music.

Details to be posted here and elsewhere for easy access.

If it proves to be successful, do you have any other artists or types of music Metropol247 could devote one week's air-time to?
Jamez
Banned

Fantastic stuff! :D

I'm going slightly mad thinking about it, what with all the miracles of todays technology, that I'll be able to tune into it wherever I happen to be, even in Barcelona. I'll definately be tuning in, don't stop me now! It's a hard life if you don't have broadband, so now is a great excuse to get it! But of course, the show must go on, on Queen Radio!

;)
User Removed
Dr Lobster*

on a similar subject, i am thinking of streaming a live audio feed from dr sigmund mohammad's norfolk head-quarters, mainly for test purposes, what software would you recommend? i'd like to do everything locally rather than rely on a 4rd party website like neoradio does.
johnnyboy

Dr Sigmund Mohammad wrote:on a similar subject, i am thinking of streaming a live audio feed from dr sigmund mohammad's norfolk head-quarters, mainly for test purposes, what software would you recommend? i'd like to do everything locally rather than rely on a 4rd party website like neoradio does.
I'm going to be doing it for the 'test' week via Live365 at the mo, Dr Siggy, but I am looking into other possibilities too. I am not technically minded and would not really know how to set anything like that up though.

This is just a test thing from MP247. Although it will never compete with the radio legend of Neon, I hope it would turn into a service where MP247ers could request or send tracks to the site, so it reflected all of our musical tastes.
Salty

Try Shoutcast, or grab a copy of Real Producer - if you have access to a Real Server.
Square Eyes

johnnyboy wrote: Up to 25 listeners can tune in at a time - after that, I am afraid the bandwith limit is capped. No DJs or anything, the odd advert, but the rest Queen music.
Fab idea and all that, but don't you think that the listening experience would be enhanced by links from everyones favourite resident DJ, *Ant Alldritt* between tracks ?
Bail

Make sure you play "Scandal" its not as well known as others but its very good, great guitar.
James Martin

I would like to record some links for this radio station JB if that's OK.
Square Eyes

James Martin wrote:I would like to record some links for this radio station JB if that's OK.
Erm, excuse me. What do you think you're doing, muscling in on Anthony's gig.

Tut tut.
johnnyboy

Only Anthony is allowed to do jingles and links for MetropolRadio. He's *cracking* as a DJ.

There will be a little fiddly bit to listening to Metropol's radio station. You'll have to spend 2 minutes creating a free account at Live365, but after that, you're good to go.

I'm trying to do something like MrTomServo's upload facilities so users can upload tracks they want playing on the station, so it reflects us all as a little online community.

And the guitar solo is extended on the Scandal 12" version, so I'll upload that! ;)
Jamez
Banned

Ughh - do we really need cheesy DJ wannabe's arsing around on QR?
User Removed