Shaving......

Gavin Scott
Admin

I rub a bar of dove soap on my face and wet shave after a shower.

Its got 1/4 moisturising cream in it, you know.
marksi

The Dove soap trick does indeed work well... great minds etc etc...
Cheese Head
Banned

Jamez wrote:TIP: NEVER EVER WAX YOUR SCROTUM!! CHRIST!! I thought my testicles had been ripped off!
Whats wrong with you?!?

I've been told not to spray them with deoderant.. lol... i was told it stings "like fuck" apparantly.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
dvboy

If you ever use tiger balm it's always a good idea to wash your hands afterwards.
Big Brother

There is one thing I've learnt and that's that rubbish oil in the little bottle doesn't bloody work. I tried it one weekend and nearly lost my face in razor rash.

I used to use the 3D Diamond which in my instances I'm prone to cutting myself as I rush to shave and get ready in like 5 mins before my trains due. Most commen place is the bottom of my nostril - painful.

I've sinced moved.... because boots had a deal on which was cheaper to buy a new razor then new blades for the old. So I've got this new Quatro thing. At first I nearly lost my face. And I did get a big long rash under my chin but it went away next day with Nivea's Afterbalm - by golly that stuff works wonders.

What I've noticed with the Quatro is that the blades last longer than my old 3d Diamond. I hate my facial hair and blades will start giving me a rash after around 3-4 days. However the Quatro... I must have changed the blade well over a week ago now and it still works wonders. Expensive... but I'm worth it... rofl
Joe Public

I find that electric shavers do not get as close as a razor.
In connection with my cr*p spelling I would like to anotate all my posts with (sp?)
James Martin

They don't.

I always use the Wilkinson 3D Protector Diamond.

I've never shaved my balls or dick but I'm thinking about shaving my dick because it is very itchy. But I understand it's even worse when you shave down there because it grows back prickly.
SteveL

James Martin wrote:I've never shaved my balls or dick but I'm thinking about shaving my dick because it is very itchy. But I understand it's even worse when you shave down there because it grows back prickly.
Shaving doesn't cure syphilis. And you don't shave down there, you trim, or it does get prickly.
cwathen

I used to use the 3D Diamond which in my instances I'm prone to cutting myself as I rush to shave and get ready in like 5 mins before my trains due. Most commen place is the bottom of my nostril - painful.
Is it only me who shaves before going to bed rather than in the morning? Doing it in the evening means I can take more time over it, firstly to make sure the job is done properly (poor quality shaving looks worse than no shaving at all imo), and secondly to make sure I don't cut myself. I've been using a wet razor since I was 14 (although it took until I was 18 to ditch the electric alltogether) and have yet to cut myself.
Nah, I don't like electric shavers at all. I had it on good authority from my friend that he's got an excellent electric - until I saw it and it was one of those £160 3-headed philishave jobbies. I don't see the logic in spending that kind of money on what is at the end of the day just a minature hedge trimmer - and I especially don't see the logic in spending that kind of money to achieve the same result that can be had from a 50p Bic disposable razor.

My Gillette Sensor Mach3 is staying put for the time being, thankyou very much.
Big Brother

cwathen wrote:
Is it only me who shaves before going to bed rather than in the morning? Doing it in the evening means I can take more time over it, firstly to make sure the job is done properly (poor quality shaving looks worse than no shaving at all imo), and secondly to make sure I don't cut myself. I've been using a wet razor since I was 14 (although it took until I was 18 to ditch the electric alltogether) and have yet to cut myself.
Nah, I don't like electric shavers at all. I had it on good authority from my friend that he's got an excellent electric - until I saw it and it was one of those £160 3-headed philishave jobbies. I don't see the logic in spending that kind of money on what is at the end of the day just a minature hedge trimmer - and I especially don't see the logic in spending that kind of money to achieve the same result that can be had from a 50p Bic disposable razor.

My Gillette Sensor Mach3 is staying put for the time being, thankyou very much.
If I shaved before I went to bed by the time I got up it would have started to grow back and by tea time would like it would normally look like when I got up to shave.

In response to Mr Martin shaving his dick, it will mostly likely be itchy once shaved as most shaven area's are. But the hair on your dick is likely to be very thin and wouldn't cause a great deal of mis-comfort if you were to shave it off... although I can't think why you'd want to take a razor to that region.

There is also a fish wives tale that if you shave/wax your hair it grows in thicker. And no-one's said it yet but Mr Martin touched on it.

When shaving your merely cutting the hair near it's base where it is thicker and less fine than it is at it's previous tip. In time this hair will return to it's original state. As for waxing - when you wax you remove the hair folicle etc etc and therefor kill that particular growth. It will grow back over time, in some cases the hair will not grow back after a number of treatments. You could always try these hair retardents, of which I have tried myself but you have to apply it twice the day of treat and three times the next then the next and continue that cycle every treatment for around 6 weeks... I gave up after putting the stuff on once.... and it was on my legs before anyone assumes elsewhere..
captain marvel

I have always used an electric shaver except for one year when I shaved with a blade. I far prefer electric shavers to razor blades although my skin is very sensitive and cuts really easily. I don't see the point of shaving with a blade when I can manage with a more comfortable and cost-effective alternative.