Another High Street Rebrand

Alexia

all new Phil wrote:I'm just gutted at the prospect of losing the "Northern welcomes you to Blackpool North" sign in Comic Sans :(
Apply for vintage status.
Andrew

james2001 wrote:Will they go round changing all the station signs they've replaced with ones in Northern's corporate style over the past decade? They'd have been better off just leaving them as the old British Rail style.
What is notable is that I think Northern replaced the station signs across their entire network, including ones in PTE areas that were generally in PTE house style rather than the TOC, and also stations in rural back waters that still had Regional Railways signs.

Might be why they are keeping purple, as I think many stations in the north west, including Blackpool were painted pink, lampposts etc during First North Western operations, which had to then be repainted purple.
woah

The logo for the Special Olympics GB National Games 2017 seems to have taken some design cues from the new Morrisons logo...

Alexia

And NBC.
JAS84

Yorkshire Building Society are axing the Barnsley and Chelsea brands. I guess we could've seen this coming when they adopted their generic Y logo. Norwich & Peterborough is unaffected.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35423090
WillPS

Interesting. I think they might be aiming for a Halifax/BOS type situation, where regardless of the brand on the fascia, N&P Current Accounts and YBS Savings/Mortgages are on offer.
JAS84

FIrst the EFL, now the Premier League have announced a branding refresh too.
Alexia

Plenty of room for a sponsor. Unless they're going the Champions League / European Champions Cup route.
Philip

Alexia wrote:Plenty of room for a sponsor. Unless they're going the Champions League / European Champions Cup route.
“From next season we will move away from title sponsorship and the competition will be known simply as the Premier League, a decision which provided the opportunity to consider how we wanted to present ourselves as an organisation and competition,” said Richard Masters, the Premier League’s managing director.
thegeek

I'm guessing this isn't a standard Esso brand of shop. It's one of the ugliest things I've seen in a while.

all new Phil

We've got 4 or 5 of those near us. They're all petrol stations that changed to Esso from other brands at around a similar time (and they seem to share some staff as well), so I'm guessing it's a franchise type chain thing.