Another High Street Rebrand

Beep

AJ wrote:Not high street, but facilities company Mitie has got a new logo.

Old one:

New one:
This is reflected in their new uniforms at St Pancras International security screening. Some are in the old ones (teal and green cravats/ties, black blazers, white shirts), some are in the new ones (orange and purple cravats/ties, purple striped shirts, slate grey blazers)

Definitely a soft-relaunch as the mismatch of uniforms makes them anything but!
dosxuk

nodnirG kraM wrote:Image
Is this some sort of Top Gear van test sequence being filmed? The two crashed into each other and the suspect logo on the middle van would indicate so...
Ebeneezer Scrooge

dosxuk wrote:Is this some sort of Top Gear van test sequence being filmed? The two crashed into each other and the suspect logo on the middle van would indicate so...
Clarkson could never manage joinery like that.
Snarky
Critique

Vaguely high street, but I notice that News Group have set about plastering their branding over half the independent corner shops in the UK. Loads of little corner shops I've seen (including those with a symbol group fascia like Premier or Londis) have gained a sign with The Sun's logo on, with some getting full blown fascias with a Sun/Times logo and then the name of the shop the opposite side in a font used by the respective newspaper. In general it's better than branding it has replaced. Reflecting reading habits, I've seen many shops with Sun fascia, but only one or two with The Times fascia.

In other news, Poundland seem to have branched off into selling scratchcards for, surprise sunrise, £1. The prizes are obviously lower than the National Lottery equivalents, and they almost look like those fake ones people buy as jokes where you win the jackpot. I imagine it wouldn't be allowed, but they'd probably be better off just stocking £1 Lottery scratchcards.
james2001

Speaking of newspaper signs on newsagents, there was a newsagents in Derby that still had the "Today" sign outside of it until around 2009- which means it was there for around 14 years after the paper closed down- which is 5 years longer than it was actually in print!

Edit: There it is! https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.90660 ... mkp9hQ!2e0

Quite different to a newsagent near me where the News Of The World sign was gone within a matter of weeks of it closing down.
JAS84

Critique wrote:Vaguely high street, but I notice that News Group have set about plastering their branding over half the independent corner shops in the UK. Loads of little corner shops I've seen (including those with a symbol group fascia like Premier or Londis) have gained a sign with The Sun's logo on, with some getting full blown fascias with a Sun/Times logo and then the name of the shop the opposite side in a font used by the respective newspaper. In general it's better than branding it has replaced. Reflecting reading habits, I've seen many shops with Sun fascia, but only one or two with The Times fascia.
I assume there would be none of these in Liverpool! It would be suicide for the shops there to have a Sun sign.
DJDave

We did a promo with the Scum a few weeks back and all our stores around Merseyside did not even let on it was in the paper as half the windows would have been taken out :D
Martin Phillp

My local Londis has a new 'Sun' sign on the side of the shop.
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

nodnirG kraM wrote:This one's been here for a while!

Edit: hmm that's bigger than I thought it'd be! Can't be arsed to resize it.
You need to put '/thumbs/' after your username
AJ

Not High Street, but I've seen this new logo for Blinkbox knocking around a few places recently - including on the Xbox One dashboard.

Critique

I went into a Co-operative branded store the other day for the first time in quite a while and there were quite a few things that interested me.

1) The uniforms worn are the same as those worn by EoE Co-op staff (or vice versa), except the stripe on the back of the jacket is green and there is a Co-operative logo there. They also still seemed to be wearing a checkered shirt when EoE Co-op has disposed of these for plain yellow, despite yellow not being an EoE Co-op colour. In fact, green would be much better.

2) The one I went in had a touchscreen home delivery terminal - how does this work? There's no way to order online from what I can see via a quick Google, so do you have to stand there selecting items off a list or do you do how Iceland used to, where you buy everything and then have it delivered to your home later on? I think there might be one Co-op who who do home delivery but I have no idea how.

3) The store was huge, with deli, bakery, meat and fish counters, making it much more like a Tesco, Sainsbury's or ASDA. They also had a nice electrical department where the shelf-edges suddenly became black and items had little LEDs lighting above them to give a premium feel (something Sainsbury's do really well IMO, with our local 'big' Sainsbury's having tiled shelf backs to look kitchen-y). The same EoE Co-op that does delivery also has a deli counter (it's a big store) and has always had one, but the full set of counters was quite unexpected.

4) The tills seem to be quite similar to the new ones being installed in our EoE Co-ops, but with a few noticeable differences. Whilst our EoE Co-ops also have the customer facing screen that tells you what's being scanned, the actual staff facing terminals all had a screen with some big clackity buttons on, whilst ours don't have that. Also, the one I went into had stopped using the combined scales/scanner as used everywhere else, and had a little scanner plugged in separately, with white paper or something covering up the glass bit on the old scanner.

Obviously most of this will be of no interest to you as this is what the Co-op is like for you, but as an outsider to 'the co-operative' it was fascinating.