The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

chriselkins

It's Brady Bunch Remastered (just dig through the JS files included until you find the Cufon script and that gives you the details...)
all new Phil

Is that a new design I spy on the cheese and tomato pizza packaging?
WillPS

Yepp, the product underneath looks a lot less appealing than the old one.
Pete

I note Tesco's SEL tickets now use a solid blue border rather than the two tone blue and red which always looked shoddy and never seemed to quite line up with the perforations. Looks much smarter.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
lukey

The new Finest stuff landed in my Tesco yesterday. The new rosemary potatoes are gash. That is all.
all new Phil

Our local Big Tesco has now had its big refurb and, as predicted, a lot of it has just been clad with wood. Surprisingly, however, the garish yellow aisle-ends remain.
Pete

lukey wrote:The new Finest stuff landed in my Tesco yesterday. The new rosemary potatoes are gash. That is all.
is "your" tesco now that shitehole in St Andrews high st?
lukey

Pete wrote:
lukey wrote:The new Finest stuff landed in my Tesco yesterday. The new rosemary potatoes are gash. That is all.
is "your" tesco now that shitehole in St Andrews high st?
Nope, still Dundee's slightly less Metroy shitehole.

Market Street is still stuck in 1962. There's no hope.
Pete

I suspect since the closure of Lochee its one of the few remaining Wm Low branches still in the estate.

On the subject of Tesco, I have been using the Scan'n'Go (or whatever they're calling it) things at big awful tesco quite a bit and they are rather pleasant. The only daft issue is you pay using a second bank of NCR Fastlane machines which are painted identically to the normal self scan machines. The sheer number of people who walk in and get confused is staggering. You'd have thought they'd had made it more obvious but no. And sadly the little printed A4 times new roman signs also aren't helping :(
WillPS

I wish I'd have taken a picture - but at Asda Bridgend they have an A4 page *full* of size 18 Times-printed instructions, mounted with sticky back plastic to the basket shelf. Utterly futile.