Another High Street Rebrand

Nick Harvey
God

As I understand it, there are planning "issues" with the Devizes C&G branch. It's Grade 64 listed, or whatever the highest one is, and is in what was once the Town Hall.

It might just have to be the C&G for evermore!
eoin

WillPS wrote:Yes, they are. Cheltenham & Gloucester appear to have got first dibs on the crap temporary signage, but there's at least one branch of Lloyds TSB I've seen with the temporary boxy signage (Sherwood, Nottingham).
But that's one of the branches that's to become a TSB. In the literature sent to customers, there is no mention of Lloyd's TSB branches reverting to Lloyd's. The two separate banks are referred to as "Lloyd's TSB" and "TSB" throughout. Could well be a longer term aim to revert to just Lloyd's, but it doesn't look like it's happening any time soon.

Sorry WillPS, just realised you may have been answering Pete's second question re temporary signage. Point still stands re the first question that a rebrand to Lloyd's doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere.
Philip Cobbold

There's a planning application in for a Lloyds TSB near me to become a Lloyds. The signage was Lloyds on a solid green background, with the horse still making an appearance.

http://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Nort ... DC_PLANAPP
wells

eoin wrote: But that's one of the branches that's to become a TSB. In the literature sent to customers, there is no mention of Lloyd's TSB branches reverting to Lloyd's. The two separate banks are referred to as "Lloyd's TSB" and "TSB" throughout. Could well be a longer term aim to revert to just Lloyd's, but it doesn't look like it's happening any time soon.
I'm pretty sure that is happening, it's in the original articles and it's clear Lloyds branches have been preparing to ditch the TSB references for well over 12 months, perhaps it won't happen at the same time. Our Lloyds which has recently been renovated has temporary signage held together witch what appears to be type.

What confuses me is, the temporary signage on the to become Lloyds branches uses the old typeface, despite some branches of Lloyds going with that new typeface and getting rid of the blue from the branding for well over a year.

I'm pretty sure, the new look of this branch was conceived with a view to the 'TSB' being replaced with the word Bank.
eoin

Well, I stand corrected by both of you, but as you said wells, it doesn't appear to be happening at the same time as the TSB rebrand.
wells

I wonder if the reason they're not referring 'Lloyds Bank' in the same way they are TSB is because Lloyds Bank won't be considered a new bank just a continuation of Lloyds TSB.
WillPS

wells wrote:I wonder if the reason they're not referring 'Lloyds Bank' in the same way they are TSB is because Lloyds Bank won't be considered a new bank just a continuation of Lloyds TSB.
... and it is? TSB is being spun off from Lloyds Banking Group (entirely, eventually). Lloyds Banking Group's Lloyds TSB operation is merely being rebranded Lloyds Bank.
JAS84

They also own Halifax and Bank of Scotland. I wonder what's happening with them?
Pete

JAS84 wrote:They also own Halifax and Bank of Scotland. I wonder what's happening with them?
Bank of Scotland is essentially now the Scottish subsidiary of Lloyds Bank. All references to Halifax have been removed from the branches with full Bank of Scotland (in the sans-serif new Lloyds font) branding and blue versions of the Lloyds interiors.

Lloyds TSB Scotland branches meanwhile will be spun out to TSB however all the internal fixtures will be identical to Lloyds which is a bit odd IMO.

Yesterday I got a new Lloyds TSB branded debit card which only lasts 14 months with a letter informing me that my existing LTSB card would conk out before its expiry date and I was to dispose of it. From what I inferred from the bunf its essentially a card using the new prefix for TSB but with a LTSB logo on it, and then I'll get a proper TSB logoed card next summer.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

Pete wrote:
JAS84 wrote:Yesterday I got a new Lloyds TSB branded debit card which only lasts 14 months with a letter informing me that my existing LTSB card would conk out before its expiry date and I was to dispose of it. From what I inferred from the bunf its essentially a card using the new prefix for TSB but with a LTSB logo on it, and then I'll get a proper TSB logoed card next summer.
Halifax have been doing the same thing; I've noticed cards are reaching their expiry a lot quicker than before. Both of the last 2 Smile debit cards I've had have only had 15 months or so to live.
Nick Harvey
God

I have a letter from Lloyds TSB before me, which definitely includes the sentence:

"Another change is that the Lloyds TSB name will change to Lloyds Bank later this year".

I happen to have some of my enormous wealth stored on each side of the "Lloyds TSB divide", so am getting both sets of letters (and little booklets) and am able to compare.