TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Critique

bilky asko wrote:
Pete wrote:
WillPS wrote:https://twitter.com/MattJF/status/290908200193118211

Is it just me that thinks he should be banned for believing that his ITN badge and hairnet should turn him in to some kind of forum royalty? As we all know, such status is reserved for the administrators of spin-off discussion services.
Ha.

But seriously though I wasn't sure what you were getting at with him, I don't find him overtly rude.

I mean he's tactless yes but when you're confronted with one of Brekkie's sermons from the mount claiming your incredibly complex new studio is a piece of piss you might be a bit blunt too.
He has a long and illustrious history of acting high and mighty and bullying members, though.
I have to agree with Pete, really. I don't think there's really anything wrong with him. I agree it was a very blunt response and could have been interpreted as rude, but it is down to how you interpreted it. It looks like it wasn't how he wanted it to be interpreted, anyway.

Also, weren't some members very rude/demanding to/of him a few months ago, or something? Maybe I've made that up, but I have a feeling some members weren't getting the answers they wanted and moaning.
Pete

Indeed, there were a load of members who were DEMANDING that he give them all the info from his job despite the fact he'd probably leaked more than he should have.

Plus, I'd hate to get in a triple glazed stone throwing event regarding the hypocrisy on display re this issue
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko

Critique wrote: I have to agree with Pete, really. I don't think there's really anything wrong with him. I agree it was a very blunt response and could have been interpreted as rude, but it is down to how you interpreted it. It looks like it wasn't how he wanted it to be interpreted, anyway.

Also, weren't some members very rude/demanding to/of him a few months ago, or something? Maybe I've made that up, but I have a feeling some members weren't getting the answers they wanted and moaning.
He was (and has been for months) being rude to members, and was being treated as some sort of God. Nobody dared challenge him, him being an insider, despite the fact that no other member would get away with it. Too many people were being royal arselickers, to be honest.
Pete

oh please, have you ever read the daybreak thread? the arselicking that goes on in there far outweighs any elsewhere on the forum
lukey

bilky asko wrote:
Pete wrote:
WillPS wrote:https://twitter.com/MattJF/status/290908200193118211

Is it just me that thinks he should be banned for believing that his ITN badge and hairnet should turn him in to some kind of forum royalty? As we all know, such status is reserved for the administrators of spin-off discussion services.
Ha.

But seriously though I wasn't sure what you were getting at with him, I don't find him overtly rude.

I mean he's tactless yes but when you're confronted with one of Brekkie's sermons from the mount claiming your incredibly complex new studio is a piece of piss you might be a bit blunt too.
He has a long and illustrious history of acting high and mighty and bullying members, though.
Bullshit. He's not accountable to the usual cretins demanding he spunk every detail of his working life in their fucking eyes. Get over yourselves.
dosxuk

This is the post in question. This latest argument is not being caused by people being upset at him not revealing priveledged information.
ITNCameraman wrote:
Brekkie wrote:The simplicity of the new set though makes it all the more disappointing there have been no regional changes...
Umm, that's a simple set? It might be simple looking...
I retain my opinion, in that he would be an asset to the forum if only he remembered he wasn't on twitter and actually explained what he meant, or clarified details, because he often comes across as abrupt at best. He quite easily could have replied to Brekkie saying "While the set might look simple on screen, it's really quite complicated for a virtual set with multiple layers of live video being rendered into it in real time."

TBH, he could have written "Umm, that's a simple set? It might be simple looking... :D " and things would be fine...
bilky asko

Pete wrote:oh please, have you ever read the daybreak thread? the arselicking that goes on in there far outweighs any elsewhere on the forum
No, I don't read it.
lukey wrote: Bullshit. He's not accountable to the usual cretins demanding he spunk every detail of his working life in their fucking eyes. Get over yourselves.
That's nothing to do with the fact he's never been polite to anyone.
Pete

http://neon.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post859733#post-859733
“@MattJJF: @alstewitn Mary made a bit of a balls-up tonight! Women, eh?” Not a bit if it!! If anything, I missed the trick.
oh it appears someone is trying to make ITN Cameraman look bad on twitter.

maybe I should make an unfounded and informatory accusation about who I blame for this. Like the sort of thing some people say about the moderation on this site.
WillPS

Pete wrote:http://neon.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post859733#post-859733
“@MattJJF: @alstewitn Mary made a bit of a balls-up tonight! Women, eh?” Not a bit if it!! If anything, I missed the trick.
oh it appears someone is trying to make ITN Cameraman look bad on twitter.

maybe I should make an unfounded and informatory accusation about who I blame for this. Like the sort of thing some people say about the moderation on this site.
go for it!
Gavin Scott
Admin

Why is the member TV Matters calling veteran broadcaster Alastair Stewart, "Al"?

How presumptuous. How embarrassing.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Could someone tell Stuart that the Queen is the Head of State, not the 'pseudo-head of state' as he suggests.

He may not approve, and it may be a largely ceremonial role, but that's what she is.