TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

bilky asko

Critique wrote:We should start making badly mocked-up images of the BBC News Channel for anything which involves the rota cretins or bad mocks in general.

What is the joke about "Duh Nyooz Chanul"? It grates on me like a motorised cheese grater.
Critique

I don't even know - SomeRandomStuff always says it, and as I was chucking that together I remembered it, so threw it in...

In other news, why does DanielK have to ask such ridiculous questions?
Philip

bilky asko wrote:What is the joke about "Duh Nyooz Chanul"? It grates on me like a motorised cheese grater.
I think it has to do with SomeRandomStuff's belief that BBC News is an inferior service (or at least, should be) to BBC World News.
iSon

I prefer B7.
Good Lord!
bilky asko

Philip wrote:
bilky asko wrote:What is the joke about "Duh Nyooz Chanul"? It grates on me like a motorised cheese grater.
I think it has to do with SomeRandomStuff's belief that BBC News is an inferior service (or at least, should be) to BBC World News.
What a silly boy.
iSon wrote:I prefer B7.
I do too.
dosxuk

Gavin Scott wrote: And he says the tape discussion was nonsense? Prick.
To be fair, it was nonsense. Light hearted, nonsense admitedly, and more important, light hearted, on topic nonsense.

Its just some of the rota cretins who don't realise there's anything outside of thier interest in the minutiae of presenters lives don't realise there's more going on. I've still not forgiven one member for saying it doesn't matter about anyone else [apart from presenters / reporters] having to work Christmas day on the annual "congratulations for being so dedicated" thread because "it's their choice to work that day". EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE PRESENTERS, WHO COULDNT DO THEIR JOB IF IT WASNT FOR COUNTLESS OTHER PEOPLE YOU SEEM FAR TOO WILLING TO FORGET. As I said in that thread, BBC and Sky could continue to output rolling news on Christmas day with no presenters in at all. They couldn't run it with just presenters in.

But then some people don't like being told that their centre of the universe isn't as important as they think.

I did get the feeling from that lot that discussions about 'what sort of gaffer / lx tape is best' was a made up question which nobody in the industry has ever asked. But as someone who has spent all evening resticking gaffer / complaining about gaffer quality to try and stop a well known band from tripping over cables, I know its a common, much debated argument. Those members who's only real contact with 'show business' is news 24s presenters bins probably don't. Hence they thought it was a poor joke.
SomeRandomStuff

bilky asko wrote:
Philip wrote:
What a silly boy.
"Duh Nyooz Chanul" is merely an expression of amusement and perhaps irritation towards the various incorrect names given to "BBC News".

I will refrain from using it in future if it irritates. I'd also like you to know that a PM expressing your irritation would have had the same effect.

Whilst i do believe that BBC News' presentation is currently inferior to "BBC World News" i do not believe it should be so, how ridiculous.
bilky asko

SomeRandomStuff wrote:"Duh Nyooz Chanul" is merely an expression of amusement and perhaps irritation towards the various incorrect names given to "BBC News".

I will refrain from using it in future if it irritates. I'd also like you to know that a PM expressing your irritation would have had the same effect.

Whilst i do believe that BBC News' presentation is currently inferior to "BBC World News" i do not believe it should be so, how ridiculous.
I'm not going to PM somebody over something that I find personally irritating - if I did that half the forum would have had PMs by now, some many times over. To be honest, I only wanted to know what the joke was and if anyone understood it.
Jonny

Gavin Scott wrote:I mean - what's the fucking point of that place? You give them threads for rotas and not only do they ignore it, but they ARGUE the toss about thread-creep serving "interested members"
And of course this from the same band of membership who the moment a Daybreak-type thread dares threaten to stray into mildly passable conversation territory, cry out 'yeah, but this isn't really Daybreak presentation discussion, so back on topic guys! Aled and Lorraine again today.'

They're completely selfish creatures devoid of rhyme or reason.
Pete

Jonny wrote:And of course this from the same band of membership who the moment a Daybreak-type thread dares threaten to stray into mildly passable conversation territory, cry out 'yeah, but this isn't really Daybreak presentation discussion, so back on topic guys! Aled and Lorraine again today.'

They're completely selfish creatures devoid of rhyme or reason.
So what do we suppose be done about them, or is it just hopeless?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Pete

I'm trying a new concept where I end every post with a rota comment. My theory is that the cretins will only notice this and therefore won't realise that we are daring to stray from their self-appointed forum raison d'être.

This means that simply by ending our posts with tripe like that we can have a normal conversation without getting in trouble from the rota police.
"He has to be larger than bacon"