Another High Street Rebrand

Ant

I'm guessing that each colour in the logo represents a product (blue is Windows, green is Xbox, red is Office, yellow is… something).

If that's the case then it's not particularly future-proof.
Ben

That looks very dated to me.
Critique

Xbox is the only product in the Microsoft 'core' family with a circular logo now, yes? How long until that becomes an X in a square box?
WillPS

Pete

Ant wrote:I'm guessing that each colour in the logo represents a product (blue is Windows, green is Xbox, red is Office, yellow is… something).

The Register compared the video to the original Channel 4 idents
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Dr Lobster*

I agree, it does look a bit dated.... However Neowin also noted that the logo isn't new.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft039 ... -from-1995
James L H

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but it seems that Greggs now want in on the Coffee Shop boom:

The logo is a nice play on the 'generic' Greggs branding and although I've only walked past one of their stores, they look to be done out pretty well inside. Sort of a cross between Costa and Starbucks, with a heavy emphasis on local landmarks. For example, the Metrocentre store had the tyne bridge plastered everywhere - including the lampshades.

tillyoshea

James L H wrote:Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but it seems that Greggs now want in on the Coffee Shop boom:

The logo is a nice play on the 'generic' Greggs branding and although I've only walked past one of their stores, they look to be done out pretty well inside. Sort of a cross between Costa and Starbucks, with a heavy emphasis on local landmarks. For example, the Metrocentre store had the tyne bridge plastered everywhere - including the lampshades.
I think that so far they're limited to the North East. There was some talk at the time that if the concept was rolled out nationally, the north east local landmarks plastered all over the place would be used everywhere to celebrate the north east heritage of the brand, though I don't know if that (slightly odd) idea has been dropped.

The one in your post, on Northumberland Street, was the original concept store. It was originally open very long hours (I think till 11pm) and had very low prices (they barely varied from a standard Greggs). Presumably based on the results of the initial trial, it closed for a few days, had a bit of building work done, and re-opened with reduced hours and higher prices. Slightly oddly, all of the stuff on the decorative shelves is glued down, which seems like overkill. It's actually fairly nice, though - and they have loads of power sockets, which is always handy to know. And the seating in the windows is lit by those bowler hat lights, which creates an amusing effect when people are sat beneath them.

Their latest concept store is the "upmarket" Greggs: The Bakery (couple more pictures here), which looks quite nice when I drive past.
WillPS

New Look: http://pics.lockerz.com/s/207620449

(just to annoy wells, who I have a funny feeling was about to post the same thing)
wells

WillPS wrote:New Look: http://pics.lockerz.com/s/207620449

(just to annoy wells, who I have a funny feeling was about to post the same thing)
It's a bit like they decided the old look was a bit tacky, but didn't have anything brilliant to replace it with. Reminds me of the current Peacocks branding.
DJDave

New look seem to have 3 logos floating about, they have the "new look" then Liverpool 1 and a few other stores have a more nicer logo with little squares and then this one.

As for Peacocks, are black logo is much better then the purple logo :D