Sleepy TV/vhs/dvd

Lorns

jsm wrote:Staten Island. It's absolutely horrid. I spend most of my free time in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Oh how hellish. You lucky b'stard 8-)
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Gavin Scott
Admin

jsm wrote:Staten Island. It's absolutely horrid. I spend most of my free time in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
I know they're just other places in the world, but I'm tickled pink to hear that you're there and you come here.

Call me a silly-sausage if you like, I don't care.
Lorns

I would give my false right eyelashes to be where he is right now. I'd swop my views of the channel and Dover castle to be in the city that doesn't sleep. I must renew my passport.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
jsm

You guys must have the same romantic view of New York that I have of the UK. I love this city, I really do, just not my borough. If I were in deepest Queens, I probably wouldn't be complaining. I don't know how to describe Staten Island/Richmond County, other then the fact that it's largely suburban, car-dependent, and Republican. Our claim to fame was once the fact that we once had the world's largest landfill, as well as being the birthplace to two members of the Jersey Shore. I think that speaks to the banality of this place. At least I have four other lovely boroughs to keep me sane.

Other than my derision for Staten Island, I'm absolutely in love with this city, so don't worry, I really do appreciate it!

As for why I'm here, I can't really say why. I've been lurking for quite a while. I suppose I'm mildly Anglophilic, making the quirky discorse around here all the more interesting.
Malpass93

Family Guy or the late-night Dave offerings usually do the trick for me.
The New Malpass.
Nick Harvey
God

This thread is amazing me.

I watch television, then I go upstairs to bed, then I go to sleep.

Always thought that was what everyone did. Is it just an old persons' concept then?
Lorns

You don't watch tv in bed of a night!? < sharp intake of breath> Do you not watch TV in bed with a cuppa PG in the morning either?
Nick Harvey
God

No and no. The last cup of tea I had was in the nineteen sixties. Realised I simple couldn't stand the stuff and haven't had another one since.