Media Talk Forum Watch News and Information Board

Sunshine

WillPS wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 13.08
Sunshine wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 13.02
WillPS wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 11.01 It's not really an opinion. It's a statement that I don't understand who it's for and what need of those users it'd fill that isn't already met by Pres Cafe. There's no vacuum.

Please, help me understand what you perceive the vacuum to be which you intend to capture contributors with or from?
The vaccuum is people who are tired of the over-zealous moderation on Pres Cafe, where you are banned from having an opinion or discussing anything you are not explicitly told to discuss.

Happy Christmas, by the way.
and to yourself, and also welcome to Metropol.

I would politely suggest if a rebellion is what you're after then you need a rabble to make it work, not just an outline of a new home.
Thanks Will. I think you're probably right. The pres community is too small for more than one forum. It's just a shame said forum is run by the Gestapo. Still that's life. I'll just wait until Herr Flick gets bored and a new forum replaces it.
Nick Harvey
God

Sunshine wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 13.02 But it's not sensible, Nick.
That is your opinion, to which you are entitled.

It is sensible in my opinion, to which I am entitled.
Sunshine

Nick Harvey wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 13.41
Sunshine wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 13.02 But it's not sensible, Nick.
That is your opinion, to which you are entitled.

It is sensible in my opinion, to which I am entitled.
You are entitled to your opinion, which I respect but totally disagree with. Purely out of interest, what did you think about moderation at the blue and purple places? I thought it was generally fair, in a way the current place isn't.
cdd

This is a cracking website but I have some constructive questions and feedback:
  • The logo is fantastic but I am concerned that the font is a little too serious. Perhaps you could consider something a little more jovial to reflect the light-hearted moderation policy?
  • I am unable to comment on the forum pictures as it appears my vision has deteriorated and I need new glasses; however from what I can see there are no visible signs of Shatliffing.
  • The Media Talk Forum rules seem more than a little similar to the TV Live Forum rules; it appears you must have been plagiarised by a time traveller and some people who do not believe in time travel may inadvertently place the blame on you.
  • phpBB is not a bad choice of forum software, but have you considered writing a forum from scratch? This would be a great project for the holidays and you'd probably do a better job.
  • There is no link back to Metropol24))7 which I can only assume is due to a disagreement over the fee Metropol will pay you for such prestigious placement. I look forward to seeing one but you should not agree to anything less than £1000. (Do not accept any other offers, no matter how tempting they may seem).
  • I have been trying to access the secret forum but keep getting an error message that the forum doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong? Is it something to do with my clooks?
  • I have checked the Members List and note that Anthony Alldritt is not on the forum. I will not be joining until he does; please can you arrange for them to join immediately or advise what pseudonym they are using.
NiKepp

cdd wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 23.11 [*] The Media Talk Forum rules seem more than a little similar to the TV Live Forum rules; it appears you must have been plagiarised by a time traveller and some people who do not believe in time travel may inadvertently place the blame on you.
I'm glad you mentioned this one. I'd been lying awake trying to work out how to post in the 'Radio Programmes Discussion' forum while also not breaking their 'The discussion of radio programming is not allowed on the forum' rule. But since you posted this, all the rules have quickly been removed from the site so this is no longer an issue and I can once again sleep soundly. Thank you!

I hope the way they have moved fast to get rid of all those silly rules that were really just getting in the way without any comment and replaced them with nothing is a good sign for this improved transparency and relaxed moderation we can look forward to. It will help clearly set them apart from the gestapo tactics of all those 'other' forums now too.
I'm on the David Lees Honor Roll!
Sunshine

I think the way this forum and Pres Cafe are so cliquey and exclusive tells us that a new forum is actually sorely needed.
NiKepp

People let themselves worry too much about The Clique sometimes around here, whereas it all really makes a lot more sense if you just condense down enough Kojak/Solari/Studio7/KatsKaravan/Latest-Username-This-Week posts on who is kissing up to who first into something simpler to read. To save everyone else time I did try to turn this into a Venn Diagram first but it was too convoluted to make it work graphically, so instead have summarised their previous info on this in an easy to understand format. Hopefully the more people who understand, the more they can be a part of it!

As per the Kojak bible:-
* Joe > All New Phil
* Jonwo > All New Phil
* All New Phil > BBC
* Cando > BBC
* (Guessing - BBC > PC Admin?)
* Martin Phillip > PC Admin
* Dosxuk > PC Admin (of a forum they're not on)

PC Admin is then either Andrew Wood or Andrew Nairn depending on the day of the week.

Unfortunately despite my best efforts following back through the post trail, I'm afraid I've not figured out where Nick Harvey, CDD or WillPS fit in to this yet, so if anyone can fill in that gap please do. Also I'm presently still waiting to be assigned an arse myself to be up/licking too. Hopefully I'll be assigned one soon though then I too can be a full participant in The Clique.
I'm on the David Lees Honor Roll!
Andrew Wood

Am I? Ooooh.
Sunshine

NiKepp wrote: Sun 24 Dec, 2023 12.09 People let themselves worry too much about The Clique sometimes around here, whereas it all really makes a lot more sense if you just condense down enough Kojak/Solari/Studio7/KatsKaravan/Latest-Username-This-Week posts on who is kissing up to who first into something simpler to read. To save everyone else time I did try to turn this into a Venn Diagram first but it was too convoluted to make it work graphically, so instead have summarised their previous info on this in an easy to understand format. Hopefully the more people who understand, the more they can be a part of it!

As per the Kojak bible:-
* Joe > All New Phil
* Jonwo > All New Phil
* All New Phil > BBC
* Cando > BBC
* (Guessing - BBC > PC Admin?)
* Martin Phillip > PC Admin
* Dosxuk > PC Admin (of a forum they're not on)

PC Admin is then either Andrew Wood or Andrew Nairn depending on the day of the week.

Unfortunately despite my best efforts following back through the post trail, I'm afraid I've not figured out where Nick Harvey, CDD or WillPS fit in to this yet, so if anyone can fill in that gap please do. Also I'm presently still waiting to be assigned an arse myself to be up/licking too. Hopefully I'll be assigned one soon though then I too can be a full participant in The Clique.
What the bloody hell are you wittering on about?! And who the bloody hell are you anyway? I think you need some of this stuff: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... /285099538 Don't cheap out - get the good stuff ;)
Sunshine

Andrew Wood wrote: Sun 24 Dec, 2023 12.37 Am I? Ooooh.
I think that came about because you were the first member after 'Admin PC' so some people assumed you were 'Admin PC'.
Nick Harvey
God

Sunshine wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 17.38 Purely out of interest, what did you think about moderation at the blue and purple places?
If you don't know my views on the blue place, you must be extremely young and very new here.