Media Talk Forum Watch News and Information Board

bilky asko

Blewatter wrote: Thu 04 Jan, 2024 22.47 Well, I figured I would 'sign up' to see the hubbub, but this is perhaps one of the worst sign up processes that I have seen in my life. 'Ask for my parent/guardian's permission'? Send an email to whom? Guys, this is just ludicrous.
In defence of the forum / phpBB's default sign-up process, it appears you've managed to get confused over your date of birth and declared yourself to be under the age of 13.
Nick Harvey
God

Blewatter wrote: Thu 04 Jan, 2024 22.47 Ask for my parent/guardian's permission?
Lucky they didn't ask me that.

They'd have to dig them up!
Beep

Rules are an interesting read:

"2.0 - Copyright
You agree and confirm that any contribution(s) and/or material you provide or upload, including but not limited to text, photographs and sound, is original to you and does not infringe the copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party
"

Except for the images in the links (which despite being blurry, are clearly someone else's work) on the home page...
NiKepp

I suppose on a technicality they're only the rules for people who choose to sign up. No one ever said the people who own the forum had agreed to follow them. And they'd been working hard on this for several months behind the scenes remember, so long before those rules existed.

At least there aren't any rules now telling you to not post discussion about radio in the radio forum. Though something about the new set does remind me a bit of the rules for Digital Spy...

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... guidelines
I'm on the David Lees Honor Roll!