Media Talk Forum Watch News and Information Board

lepeterrr

Well... here goes nothing!
Welcome to Media Talk Forum.
I'm thrilled to announce that my new forum will be launching this Friday, 22nd December.
The forum does what it says on the tin, it aims to discuss all aspects of the media, on TV, Radio & Online.
The forum is now open for registration ahead of the opening on Friday, I will confirm a time shortly.

I also do appreciate however that some will be firmly against the idea of launching a new forum, given PresCafe's 'profile' in the community currently. However, I would argue my forum serves a different purpose, with a more relaxed atmosphere and moderation style.

I'm looking forward to working on the forum together in the future. Please feel free to leave any feedback below along with any constructive comments.
https://www.mediatalkforum.com/index.php
Come and join me over on Media Talk, launching 22nd December.
Now open for pre-registration.
https://www.mediatalkforum.com/
all new Phil

Not sure I understand what you mean by serving a different purpose? It’s a website where people chat about stuff, seems pretty much the same to me…
lepeterrr

all new Phil wrote: Wed 20 Dec, 2023 19.20 Not sure I understand what you mean by serving a different purpose? It’s a website where people chat about stuff, seems pretty much the same to me…
The forum aims for a more relaxed feel, with more general discussion on formats and the content of the programmes, not just the presentation which other websites tend to focus on. This is then grouped with the more relaxed moderation style.
cdd

I would suggest the addition of a subforum for general unrelated discussion as that is something that is very popular on niche websites.
NiKepp

I look forward to finally having a place where we can post mocks and discuss presenter rotas once more.

I hope you will consider allowing bullet points too as that is a make or break feature for me.
I'm on the David Lees Honor Roll!
WillPS

Still not sure I understand why this needs to exist.
Nick Harvey
God

WillPS wrote: Fri 22 Dec, 2023 18.36 Still not sure I understand why this needs to exist.
Indeed.

It appears to just be a home for the five people who don't like the sensible moderation at Pres Cafe.

I'm sure they'll all be very happy together and out of the way of the rest of us.
lepeterrr

As I said in the original post, all will have their own opinions regarding this forum. And your entitled to them.
Now, the forum is open!
WillPS

lepeterrr wrote: Fri 22 Dec, 2023 23.08 As I said in the original post, all will have their own opinions regarding this forum. And your entitled to them.
It's not really an opinion. It's a statement that I don't understand who it's for and what need of those users it'd fill that isn't already met by Pres Cafe. There's no vacuum.

For context -
TVLF existed because TVF was shut down, and then in turn Pres Cafe exists because TVLF was shut down.
Metropol exists because Asa binned off the general discussion from TVF. ChatPS exists because @Pete binned off Metrochat.

In other online communities, sometimes there is a splinter movement where a significant proportion of members shift elsewhere because of some difficulty with the administration, perhaps following a respected moderator or senior member to set things up for them.

Please, help me understand what you perceive the vacuum to be which you intend to capture contributors with or from?
Sunshine

Nick Harvey wrote: Fri 22 Dec, 2023 21.54
WillPS wrote: Fri 22 Dec, 2023 18.36 Still not sure I understand why this needs to exist.
Indeed.

It appears to just be a home for the five people who don't like the sensible moderation at Pres Cafe.

I'm sure they'll all be very happy together and out of the way of the rest of us.
But it's not sensible, Nick. The admin puts all posters they don't like in 'moderation' (in other words their posts don't show up until being approved by admin or a mod). I presume this is their way of pushing out anyone they dislike.
WillPS wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 11.01 It's not really an opinion. It's a statement that I don't understand who it's for and what need of those users it'd fill that isn't already met by Pres Cafe. There's no vacuum.

Please, help me understand what you perceive the vacuum to be which you intend to capture contributors with or from?
The vaccuum is people who are tired of the over-zealous moderation on Pres Cafe, where you are banned from having an opinion or discussing anything you are not explicitly told to discuss.

Happy Christmas, by the way.
WillPS

Sunshine wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 13.02
WillPS wrote: Sat 23 Dec, 2023 11.01 It's not really an opinion. It's a statement that I don't understand who it's for and what need of those users it'd fill that isn't already met by Pres Cafe. There's no vacuum.

The vaccuum is people who are tired of the over-zealous moderation on Pres Cafe, where you are banned from having an opinion or discussing anything you are not explicitly told to discuss.

Happy Christmas, by the way.
and to yourself, and also welcome to Metropol.

I would politely suggest if a rebellion is what you're after then you need a rabble to make it work, not just an outline of a new home.