Fragrances

Dr Lobster*

I'm looking for some distinctive body sprays and fragrances to try - when it comes to deodorant body sprays, all the usual stuff I find a bit boring, it's good that Superdrug seem to have Lynx Java as an exclusive which I used when I was at school in the 1990s (Africa is ok, just a bit bland), it's very distinctive and I really like it. I also got some Axe Apollo that I picked up in Spain which is really really nice, it's quite sage-y, quite unusual, but you can't buy it in the UK directly. Do you guys use anything a bit different?

What about aftershaves and fragrances?

I've got some molton brown black pepper, Armani code, Hermes Citron, Fahrenheit, and Joop. I literally sprayed every men's fragrance in Duty Free a few months ago and came to the conclusion a lot of them are quite bland and samey. I used to love Body Kouros, but the new version that's just called "Kouros"' is not the same. What you spraying?
Martin Phillp

Lynx reminds me of my teenage years trying all the different scents, but I couldn't tell you which one was best.

Sadly I'm pretty bland when it comes to body spray. Sure Invisible Fresh has a typical male fragrance and I use it more for the fact it doesn't ruin my clothes!
TVF's London Lite.
all new Phil

I’m a big fan of Vetiver Pamplemousse from Zara. Not seen it for a while though so it may have disappeared but it’s got a really fresh smell without the heaviness of a lot of other fragrances. Cedar Adventurer from River Island is quite nice too although I find it doesn’t really last.
Dr Lobster*

Ah, hadn’t thought about River Island, will take a look next time I’m in town!
Pete

on the subject of fragrances, are the harrods beauty stores something elsewhere or just in Edinburgh? I thought it was the lessees from the debenhams beauty hall clubbing together to get a location in St James's Centre.

I appreciate I could google but i didn't. so there.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
tillyoshea

Pete wrote: Tue 05 Dec, 2023 08.06 on the subject of fragrances, are the harrods beauty stores something elsewhere or just in Edinburgh? I thought it was the lessees from the debenhams beauty hall clubbing together to get a location in St James's Centre.

I appreciate I could google but i didn't. so there.
There are five of them: Lakeside, Milton Keynes, Edinburgh, Bristol and Gateshead. The latter is one of the nicer places for lunch in the Metrocentre.
Blewatter

I have moved away from usng spray deodrants like Lynx, as I prefer roll ons, and feel they work better for me. However, I have been using Mitchum Men Ice Fresh as my go-to Anti-perspirant. The stuff smells good, and the girlfriend likes it. With it, I also wear a few sprays of Bespoke London Sweet Spice and Sandalwood eau de toilette, which is Superdrug's own brand.

I also wear, and love, Jean-Paul Gautier's LE MALE LE PARFUM. Alas, I am out of it, but that is a really nice cologne.
Gavin Scott
Admin

all new Phil

Bottle was modelled on you wasn’t it?
Charlie Wells

In the past year after using up Xmas presents I've been buying https://saltoftheearthnatural.com/ sprays. As well as online they're sold in Holland & Barrett, and some were in TK Max earlier in the year. I like the use of natural ingredients, and that they are refillable.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Dr Lobster*

My daughter got me a selection of Ted Baker body sprays for Christmas and I must say, very nice to indeed. Only tried the “vintage amber” one so far, smells what I’d describe as “very clean”.