The Telly Forum Watch News and Information Board

TheTellyForum

tl;dr, TTF Will be launching on Friday 1st December.

This has been a decision which has not been a rushed one, I initially hoped to launch a forum after TVLF closed however due to bereavement I decided against it.
The forum will include categories which some members have missed including The Gallery. The requests category however will not be making a return. The forum also aims to have more of a relaxed feel with more general discussion generally allowed. However, politics and rota talk will be strongly discouraged.

Some members will question why launch another forum when we have just reached general unity with 1.
My response it that I get the feeling from some members that a more relaxed forum is needed and I believe there is room for 2. I am also not trying to start another 'forum wars', simply trying to offer an alternative.
The forum will be using phpBB and will be at www.thetellyforum.com, however it will not go live until a few days before.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions or feedback then feel free to contact us!
All members involved with this forum will also be remaining anonymous at all times, so please respect this.

The Telly Forum Admin.
The Telly Forum, launching on Saturday 3rd December.
Now open for registration at https://www.thetellyforum.com!
WillPS

lol
bilky asko

Is there a reason you've remained entirely anonymous?
Shiruba98

TheTellyForum wrote: Tue 15 Nov, 2022 17.23 tl;dr, TTF Will be launching on Friday 1st December.

This has been a decision which has not been a rushed one, I initially hoped to launch a forum after TVLF closed however due to bereavement I decided against it.
The forum will include categories which some members have missed including The Gallery. The requests category however will not be making a return. The forum also aims to have more of a relaxed feel with more general discussion generally allowed. However, politics and rota talk will be strongly discouraged.

Some members will question why launch another forum when we have just reached general unity with 1.
My response it that I get the feeling from some members that a more relaxed forum is needed and I believe there is room for 2. I am also not trying to start another 'forum wars', simply trying to offer an alternative.
The forum will be using phpBB and will be at www.thetellyforum.com, however it will not go live until a few days before.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions or feedback then feel free to contact us!
All members involved with this forum will also be remaining anonymous at all times, so please respect this.

The Telly Forum Admin.
Best of luck to you on this new forum, though I'm worried this one will meet the same fate as the forums that came before it. And a relaxed forum is a better idea than an over-the-top serious authoritarian forum.
Solari

TheTellyForum

bilky asko wrote: Tue 15 Nov, 2022 22.04 Is there a reason you've remained entirely anonymous?
Speaking personally, the reason Is to avoid any direct abuse being hurdled at any member of the team. Also having seen some of the abuse RF received, I do not want to go down that road.
The Telly Forum, launching on Saturday 3rd December.
Now open for registration at https://www.thetellyforum.com!
bilky asko

TheTellyForum wrote: Tue 15 Nov, 2022 23.46
bilky asko wrote: Tue 15 Nov, 2022 22.04 Is there a reason you've remained entirely anonymous?
Speaking personally, the reason Is to avoid any direct abuse being hurdled at any member of the team. Also having seen some of the abuse RF received, I do not want to go down that road.
But I'm not sure many people would join a forum run by someone completely anonymous. Looking at Pres Café, they have anonymous moderators. Understandably so. But we know the provenance of the actual owners. Anyone could be behind your site - a murderer, someone who owns a copy of Mein Kampf, or Elon Musk. There's a risk in signing up and sharing any personally identifiable information with someone who could be massively incompetent. Take from that what you will, but I think it turns your site from a damp squib to a non-starter.
Pete

right so number one i've deleted your email sig that was the size of the moon.

number two, i have to agree with the above. the thing with pres cafe is not that they're psudoanon. we know whos running it, we just don't know specifically which mod is who.

I'm not sure of the purpose of this. As far as I'm concerned pres cafe hasn't imploded yet therefore i cannot see the point of reigniting the ordeal of having two forums again.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
T0M

TV presentation is such a niche subject - there is literally no need for two forums. Pres Cafe has only just started flourishing with active users recently, do you think another random forum ran by a mystery randomer is going to work?
🍊
james2001

Some people are really desperate to get that gallery.
DTV

james2001 wrote: Wed 16 Nov, 2022 13.43 Some people are really desperate to get that gallery.
I really do not get the fuss that is being made about The Gallery. It'd be one thing if we were going from the era when The Gallery was at its peak in quality and use, but it was already fizzling out in the latter years of TVF and virtually nobody visited the one on TVLF - including most of the good TVF 'mockers'. While it does mean that we miss out on a few gems, the majority of people itching for a new Gallery are not the ones behind past gems. I don't really think it's a big loss.