Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

PATV Scunthorpe

I would say my preferred option is Pres Café... while both are a little quiet, the active threads on there are ones I'm more interested in, and any threads I have gone into on TV Talk are pretty much the same content that has been discussed on both anyway.

I've also definitely been confused a number of times over the past week by 1) the similar colour schemes and 2) having identical threads like 'The BBC Chameleon Thread' on both forums which began with identical posts, then having similar updates by different members hours apart, making me have some déjà vu.

The Gallery situation is a tricky one for me, obviously I was very active section for me on both predecessors, and while it would nice to have one on Pres Cafe, I'm don't mind their decision. Though I don't feel inclined to use TV Talk just to post a Gallery thread.
Rexogamer

It seems pretty likely to me that Pres Cafe will ultimately "win", although I could see the Ark forum sticking around as a (probably smaller) alternative
Charlie Wells

Asxer544 sounds familiar in https://pres.cafe/showthread.php?tid=103&pid=795#pid795 with raising the idea of merging CBBC and Cbeebies instead of merging the News Channel and World News.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
rob

Charlie Wells wrote: Sun 14 Aug, 2022 14.15 Asxer544 sounds familiar in https://pres.cafe/showthread.php?tid=103&pid=795#pid795 with raising the idea of merging CBBC and Cbeebies instead of merging the News Channel and World News.
and almost immediately, the moderators have clamped down on this discussion.

Good stuff. :)
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Solari

Notice someone on the forum got warned for using the acronym 'B.S.' today. Seems a bit over the top. Still, it's their forum and if they want to clutch pearls that is up to them.
Monolithic

Solari wrote: Wed 17 Aug, 2022 21.17 Notice someone on the forum got warned for using the acronym 'B.S.' today. Seems a bit over the top. Still, it's their forum and if they want to clutch pearls that is up to them.
At one time the original TV forum was warning users for posting GIFs. Not even bad gifs, just a cartoon character laughing etc. How far standards have fallen since those days!
Nick Harvey
God

In the original days of the sadministrator, you would even be warned for posting a picture of a train.
iSon

Nick Harvey wrote: Fri 19 Aug, 2022 12.32 In the original days of the sadministrator, you would even be warned for posting a picture of a train.
Only if the destination was...

Good Lord!
harshy

Pres Cafe I think is looking good well there’s a nice sport section and some debate about bbc news, early days though I am just glad there’s a place well 3 places that wanna take us :-)
Monolithic

I have managed two posts before some smug git jumped down my throat. Oh well it was worth a try, I will leave them to it. They seem to think they have absolute authority on all matters relating to certain subjects and everyone agrees with them. Do me a favour.....
bilky asko

Monolithic wrote: Mon 22 Aug, 2022 19.13 I have managed two posts before some smug git jumped down my throat. Oh well it was worth a try, I will leave them to it. They seem to think they have absolute authority on all matters relating to certain subjects and everyone agrees with them. Do me a favour.....
You made a post, someone disagreed with it. If you think they're wrong, reply and explain why. That's how discussion forums work.