Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

all new Phil

I can’t imagine getting so worked up over a silly little website where people post about what font’s been used on something on the telly. If you managed to get yourself told off for breaking rules then idk, maybe you’re the problem.
presnot

No further comment, the facts have been posted. I think people should jsut walk away and forget about it.
Charlie Wells

Perhaps time to wheel out this graphic (which I think I nicked from someone else here years ago)...
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
rob

all new Phil wrote: Sat 24 Feb, 2024 09.33 I can’t imagine getting so worked up over a silly little website where people post about what font’s been used on something on the telly. If you managed to get yourself told off for breaking rules then idk, maybe you’re the problem.
Damn right.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
bilky asko

I'm more interested in NiKepp. Who are they? What does NiKepp mean? Is Ni short for Nigel?
NiKepp

bilky asko wrote: Mon 26 Feb, 2024 21.50 I'm more interested in NiKepp. Who are they? What does NiKepp mean? Is Ni short for Nigel?
Until recently I used to think it was either short for Jonni, or alternatively just something that only knights would say. Then one day I received a shining beacon that changed my life in the form of a private message from our esteemed many-usernamed font of all knowledge on here telling me I was in fact David Lees. I'll admit I was as surprised as anyone by this news, but he's never given us a bum steer before with his detailed knowledge on who's up the arses of who around these parts, so I decided he must be right and it's just been my mistake all along. Sorry everyone!

But enough about me as this is taking us away from the really important Pres Café issues of the day now; Mainly who's going to be the next permanent male host of GMB?
I'm on the David Lees Honor Roll!
Jonwo

Is it bad to think that JM1985 complains too much?
NiKepp

I forgot that March had started, but for anyone who remembers it means we're now at the point three years ago Asa posted his closure announcement on TV Forum after 20 years in which he said:
Asa, 3rd March 2021 on www.tvforum.co.uk wrote:I don't often subscribe to the 'things were better in the old days' mantra but I do think there's been an increase in the sense of entitlement some people have in feeling they can post whatever they like. And throwing some serious temper tantrums for merely being warned. Some of the PMs and emails I've received...! Whether it's someone insisting they have divine right to talk about rotas, complaining about how "woke" users on this site are, or arguing with me over whether they're a previously banned member or not, it's just got a point where I just don't want to spend my time on getting into these conversations anymore. The RTPs and occasionally diving into the 800+ page thread on Metropol didn't do much for my enthusiasm either!
Three years and two forums later and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I would like to say I feel glad we've moved on well beyond those terrible days now!
I'm on the David Lees Honor Roll!
Blewatter

NiKepp wrote: Tue 05 Mar, 2024 18.39 I forgot that March had started, but for anyone who remembers it means we're now at the point three years ago Asa posted his closure announcement on TV Forum after 20 years in which he said:
Asa, 3rd March 2021 on www.tvforum.co.uk wrote:I don't often subscribe to the 'things were better in the old days' mantra but I do think there's been an increase in the sense of entitlement some people have in feeling they can post whatever they like. And throwing some serious temper tantrums for merely being warned. Some of the PMs and emails I've received...! Whether it's someone insisting they have divine right to talk about rotas, complaining about how "woke" users on this site are, or arguing with me over whether they're a previously banned member or not, it's just got a point where I just don't want to spend my time on getting into these conversations anymore. The RTPs and occasionally diving into the 800+ page thread on Metropol didn't do much for my enthusiasm either!
Three years and two forums later and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I would like to say I feel glad we've moved on well beyond those terrible days now!
Absolutely right. weeeeelll beyond those terrible days...also, the pres cafe mods are nasty pasties, and we should make a better forum :)
Jonwo

JMT1985 is complaining because Disney+ aired a trailer of Doctor Who before the UK, it's US culture destroying UK culture.