Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

Pete

is it bad that i'd automatically like any forum that used phpBB better than myBB? I just don't care for it.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Philip

Pete wrote: Tue 02 Aug, 2022 17.46 is it bad that i'd automatically like any forum that used phpBB better than myBB? I just don't care for it.
I know Rob had to because of the problems but I never liked TVLF as much when it had to move to myBB. :/
bilky asko

Pete wrote: Tue 02 Aug, 2022 17.46 is it bad that i'd automatically like any forum that used phpBB better than myBB? I just don't care for it.
The posting interface looks two decades out of date, and the lack of notifications is poor. The quote system is marginally clearer for being a visual editor, but multiple people have already made replies to quotes within the quote boxes.
Philip wrote: Tue 02 Aug, 2022 17.49
I know Rob had to because of the problems but I never liked TVLF as much when it had to move to myBB. :/
That is one positive about Pres Café, having people involved that have some technical competency in the area.
Monolithic

I have signed up for all three forums and said hello, beyond that I have not felt the need to post anymore.

Pres Cafe seems a bit stuffy, TV Talk seems a bit as others have said a bit flat, TV Ark forum maybe the one I used most as I am in to retro.
rob

LaDeDa's obsession with streaming services in every single post they make is getting a bit annoying...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Alan de Robson

Monolithic wrote: Tue 02 Aug, 2022 22.16 I have signed up for all three forums and said hello, beyond that I have not felt the need to post anymore.

Pres Cafe seems a bit stuffy, TV Talk seems a bit as others have said a bit flat, TV Ark forum maybe the one I used most as I am in to retro.
Agreed. I'm logging in to Pres Cafe and TV Talk Forum but, other than one welcome post in TVT, I've not contributed yet.

I take my hat off to all three founders but there badly needs to be some sort of merger between them. Posts are spread out across the three places and all the owners will be incurring costs that they could share instead by uniting under one platform.
barcode

Alan de Robson wrote: Thu 04 Aug, 2022 08.31 Agreed. I'm logging in to Pres Cafe and TV Talk Forum but, other than one welcome post in TVT, I've not contributed yet.

I take my hat off to all three founders but there badly needs to be some sort of merger between them. Posts are spread out across the three places and all the owners will be incurring costs that they could share instead by uniting under one platform.
I think you need to decide "what pot you wish to pee in" as that famous saying goes, ( im sure head of ITV said that to Ant and dec)

We are now entering the new world of deregulation and it's no longer a one size fits all forum... Do you want more TV programme or do you want more actually TV presentation? So many time people complained about certain aspect of certain threads, how some stuff is bland or technical yet to others said they loved that side. Both forums are now doing rather well, and give people exactly what they want and everyone else will need to decide is it Springfield or Shelbyville.
Andrew

rob wrote: Tue 02 Aug, 2022 23.31 LaDeDa's obsession with streaming services in every single post they make is getting a bit annoying...
Who was LaDeDa on TVLF.?
Jonwo

LaDeDa was Sweetcorn on TVLF, the terrible writing style gives it away.
DTV

I'm not saying the new forums are a bit dead, but the first non-news bulletin use of the new Studio B set (Our Next Prime Minister) hasn't raised a comment on either.

I'd like to join one of the forums, but this deadness is keeping me away - too few active members and it becomes hard to have a conversation, as well as feeling like you're just talking into the wind. But then I do get the impression that, a week-and-a-half on, there are quite a few ex-TVLF members who are waiting for one to be anointed successor.
m-in-m

DTV wrote: Wed 10 Aug, 2022 19.31 I'm not saying the new forums are a bit dead, but the first non-news bulletin use of the new Studio B set (Our Next Prime Minister) hasn't raised a comment on either.

I'd like to join one of the forums, but this deadness is keeping me away - too few active members and it becomes hard to have a conversation, as well as feeling like you're just talking into the wind. But then I do get the impression that, a week-and-a-half on, there are quite a few ex-TVLF members who are waiting for one to be anointed successor.
How can either be anointed successor if there are quite a few people waiting for it to happen?