Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

barcode

Sunshine wrote: Sat 27 Jan, 2024 10.58 You're obviously a mod, Bilky, given you're defending the admin so robustly. Always thought you were all right but obviously not. Shame. Enjoy your life.
Earlier this evening, posters in this thread were advised to steer clear of political discussion, per site rules.

A number of individuals chose to ignore this and continue the discussion.

Further posts resulting from this afternoon's remarks by Belle Donati on Sky News have been removed.

This thread is now on active moderation until further notice.
WTAF is that prick's problem?! I mean, why even run a forum if you're going to ban all discussion? I'll say it again: YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS RUNNING A FORUM. I hope you're reading this, 'Admin PC', because it's funny how you don't let anyone question your decisions. Almost as if you're a wannabe dictator. You're not even fit to lace Asa or Rob's boots.

Hello Mr Thurderstorm,

Crumbs Ive read some complaints about blue, purple and pres cafe and its seems for the use of a better word, your failed to understand how the new Forum is being operated. Asa had his rules, Robs had his rules, The people in Charge have thier rules, which has resulted in them taken a much striker line on what they want the new forum to be AKA Television presentation at its heart.

Of course living by 22 years of slightly different rules means its possible it will take some time to adjust, but Adjust you must.

You can question them, just like you could question Asa and Rob but you can't Question the rules, Them's the rules. ( you can in direct message to the site with out fanfare if you think a certain rule is OTT, a few ppl did that with Asa and Rob, )

Its very easy to make any thing pollical these days hence why that quickly stamped out if its start boil up. Im sure alot of people are fed up how that happens.

In the terms of presentation forum... All that was needed was someone to say Sky news reader had to make correction. end off.
bilky asko

Sunshine wrote: Sat 27 Jan, 2024 10.58You're obviously a mod, Bilky, given you're defending the admin so robustly. Always thought you were all right but obviously not. Shame. Enjoy your life.
You should definitely go on The Traitors next series
Pete

Sunshine wrote: Thu 25 Jan, 2024 18.20 Okay, I know Pete's told you all over on the secret forum to put me on ignore. That's fine. I know you don't like it when anyone disrupts your delicate little clique. But is it that difficult to at least listen to an outsider? It's okay. I know where I stand. Bye for now. Xxx.
I didn't actually realise that friends and foes (as the ignore feature on phpBB is called) was turned on. I thought I'd turned it off 18 years ago.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
DTV

Thank fuck the News channel presenter issues are over, though sure some members will still find a way to bring it up every few days.
Philip

Getting a bit bored of the tracking of BBC programmes having the old logo on them.
all new Phil

Philip wrote: Mon 05 Feb, 2024 10.48 Getting a bit bored of the tracking of BBC programmes having the old logo on them.
Same. I get it’s frustrating for some but they literally said at the launch of the new logo it’d be a transition, and they wouldn’t rush to change things.

That said, they’re hardly so thinly stretched that they can’t allocate someone to do some of the easy in-house fixes (Parliament, Politics Live etc) but then again it’s clearly not a priority.
cdd

The new logo looks like someone in mock designs recreated the old one from memory with bad padding and Calibri instead of Gill Sans, so I don’t know why people are in a rush for it to change.
Philip

cdd wrote: Tue 06 Feb, 2024 07.39 The new logo looks like someone in mock designs recreated the old one from memory with bad padding and Calibri instead of Gill Sans, so I don’t know why people are in a rush for it to change.
It kind of amazes me that the new logo actually looks worse at small sizes than the old one. And let's not talk about how it looks next to "News", "Sport" etc. But according to some posters, you just "get used to it" which supposedly makes the old logo "outdated".
cysjunk

I was attempting to start a poll based off of an old TV Forum one related to the old CBBC sets but updated to include some of the post-2006 ones. That got removed because of a rule they added about a few weeks ago saying that anything that doesn't have an initial discussion element isn't permitted. I should also mention that I made the clumsy mistake of using my email as my Pres Cafe username and there's no option for me to change it, in fact the moderators decided to change my username to "Chad Blake" rather than "Cy's Junk". I tried to create a new account with that username but it got deleted before I could use it.
WillPS

The policy on removing links to content 'websnatched' is a real PITA, especially as they don't then replace the link with one which relates to the 'source' the content was originally "snatched" from...
GhostFromTVF

WillPS wrote: Thu 08 Feb, 2024 17.10 The policy on removing links to content 'websnatched' is a real PITA, especially as they don't then replace the link with one which relates to the 'source' the content was originally "snatched" from...
Assuming this is the post you’re referring to (https://pres.cafe/showthread.php?tid=67 ... 1#pid63901), they’ve now put up the original video.