Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

Cando

all new Phil wrote: Mon 22 May, 2023 23.37 Loving all the hyperbole in the BBC News thread 👍
I just checked.....oh man that's hilarious 😂 . I don't remember a meltdown like it.

Edit...unhinged
DTV

all new Phil wrote: Mon 22 May, 2023 23.37 Loving all the hyperbole in the BBC News thread 👍
Really? Where? Of the many discussions that have occurred in that thread, it's one of the few where I don't think I've seen really anybody veer off into 'end of the world' territory. Pretty much the broad consensus is that the launch of these programmes was 'underwhelming, a bit crap and seemingly pointless' and it's really hard to disagree with that. Sure, some have called them the 'worst ever' set of BBC News titles, but they're certainly contenders, so I'm really not sure that unsubstantiated accusations of 'hyperbole' or 'meltdown' are that fair.
Martin Phillp

Noticed James Bond Ian Cityprod snapping about the conversation about if CI is getting a new set or not. "Bullcrap" just shows you the level of debate.
TVF's London Lite.
Jonwo

JMT1985 (aka JKDerry) has gone way off topic in the Radio 2 thread talking about lockdowns....
Charlie Wells

Think the latest Schofield news has crashed the site...
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
bilky asko

Perhaps connected with fixing their previous issues?

EDIT: Now a message reads
Pres Cafe is experiencing technical problems.

It will return as soon as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Charlie Wells

bilky asko wrote: Fri 26 May, 2023 22.43 Perhaps connected with fixing their previous issues?
Don't think so, as the problem is most noticeable when trying to view page 39 of the Schofield thread. Other pages in that thread seem to load fine, so which suggests there's some bad code in one of the posts that is affecting the page. I think the server crashed last night, whereas previously someone had probably forgotten to pay a renewal.
bilky asko

Charlie Wells wrote: Sat 27 May, 2023 05.58
bilky asko wrote: Fri 26 May, 2023 22.43 Perhaps connected with fixing their previous issues?
Don't think so, as the problem is most noticeable when trying to view page 39 of the Schofield thread. Other pages in that thread seem to load fine, so which suggests there's some bad code in one of the posts that is affecting the page. I think the server crashed last night, whereas previously someone had probably forgotten to pay a renewal.
Looking at the threaded mode, it coincidentally appears to be your post that's breaking that page of the thread
Charlie Wells

bilky asko wrote: Sat 27 May, 2023 06.31
Looking at the threaded mode, it coincidentally appears to be your post that's breaking that page of the thread
Looks like the entire thread has vanished. From memory I was using quick edit on a reply around the time it crashed.
bilky asko

Charlie Wells wrote: Sat 27 May, 2023 07.40
bilky asko wrote: Sat 27 May, 2023 06.31
Looks like the entire thread has vanished. From memory I was using quick edit on a reply around the time it crashed.
I think the speed and efficiency of your editing was simply too fast for MyBB to handle
Jonwo

Studio7 has only been on the site for two weeks and is rubbing people the wrong way.