Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

NiKepp

I'd been thinking recently since the GB News and Talk TV News threads on Pres Café were changed to moderated-first they've become really tame and lost a lot of the fun.

Then yesterday I made the mistake of properly venturing into DigitalSpy Broadcasting threads for the first time in ages [surprised we don't have a DigitalSpy watch thread on here as there's been one for every other television forum]. After managing only a few minutes of the hostility and political hot-takes in the GB News thread there, I decided I'd rather live without all that fun!

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... news/p1042
I'm on the David Lees Honor Roll!
GhostFromTVF

NiKepp wrote: Fri 26 Jan, 2024 10.21 I'd been thinking recently since the GB News and Talk TV News threads on Pres Café were changed to moderated-first they've become really tame and lost a lot of the fun.

Then yesterday I made the mistake of properly venturing into DigitalSpy Broadcasting threads for the first time in ages [surprised we don't have a DigitalSpy watch thread on here as there's been one for every other television forum]. After managing only a few minutes of the hostility and political hot-takes in the GB News thread there, I decided I'd rather live without all that fun!

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... news/p1042
There is a watch thread for Digital Spy, there just aren’t many posts in it these days:

viewtopic.php?p=76985&hilit=Digital+spy#p76985
NiKepp

Ha, I went back pages and pages looking for that, and there it was only at the top of page 2 all along! I thought most of the arguments around DigitalSpy used to just be taken to TV Forum's websites forum instead, and then we'd all see how long it took for the padlock to come out due to people bickering.

While going through some of the other old forum threads, I did stumble on the old TV Live Forum thread again mind and it looks like Pres Cafe overtook them for length online early back in December. Though they've still got a very long way to go before it can live up to the old Blue Place - assuming anyone is even still visiting websites by 2040!
I'm on the David Lees Honor Roll!
Sunshine

Christ that admin is a DICK! I know this'll be removed as we're not allowed to criticise him but I don't care. He's such a pompous arse it's unreal. "ooh you're not allowed to talk politics" in the Sky News thread - except no one was talking politics! The discussion was entirely relevant and based around a presenter's line of questioning to an Israeli politician. Honestly he is so overzealous. The soderators at the blue place would never have censored such a thing.

Seriously, give it up, 'Admin PC', you're not suited to running a forum at all.
Martin Phillp

While I also received a warning for talking about politics, I thought what I posted about Donati's line of questioning being along the lines of what state run TRT World peddles out on a daily basis which is pro-Palestinian.

I thought that would be considered editorial rather than political as I didn't make a remark about one side or the other and was commenting more on the presenter's alleged bias.
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

Some usually sensible people can't help but express a political opinion in that thread. Nobody needs to know the uninformed opinions of Pres Café's members on Israel and Palestine.
Sunshine

bilky asko wrote: Fri 26 Jan, 2024 21.09 Some usually sensible people can't help but express a political opinion in that thread. Nobody needs to know the uninformed opinions of Pres Café's members on Israel and Palestine.
Good thing no one on Pres Café was expressing an opinion on Israel/Palestine, then!

FWIW if people think Belle Donati's Twitter feed is bad, I'd hate to see their reaction to what some Al Jazeera English presenters share on their socials! Now that does flout impartiality... but as AJE and Qatar in general are explicitly pro-Palestine, I guess it's par for the course.

Anyway whether a Sky presenter worked at AJ or not is kind of irrelevant, really. Stephen Cole worked at AJ for many years and he's about as right wing/pro-Israel as it gets!
bilky asko

Sunshine wrote: Fri 26 Jan, 2024 21.34
bilky asko wrote: Fri 26 Jan, 2024 21.09 Some usually sensible people can't help but express a political opinion in that thread. Nobody needs to know the uninformed opinions of Pres Café's members on Israel and Palestine.
Good thing no one on Pres Café was expressing an opinion on Israel/Palestine, then!

FWIW if people think Belle Donati's Twitter feed is bad, I'd hate to see their reaction to what some Al Jazeera English presenters share on their socials! Now that does flout impartiality... but as AJE and Qatar in general are explicitly pro-Palestine, I guess it's par for the course.

Anyway whether a Sky presenter worked at AJ or not is kind of irrelevant, really. Stephen Cole worked at AJ for many years and he's about as right wing/pro-Israel as it gets!
Saying that the presenter crossed the line is expressing an opinion on the politics.
Sunshine

bilky asko wrote: Fri 26 Jan, 2024 22.56
Sunshine wrote: Fri 26 Jan, 2024 21.34

Saying that the presenter crossed the line is expressing an opinion on the politics.
Not really, bilky. Not unless you happen to share that particular presenter's view (which it sounds like you do).
bilky asko

It would be expressing an opinion if someone had posted that she hadn't crossed the line. It's not relevant to the forum.
Sunshine

You're obviously a mod, Bilky, given you're defending the admin so robustly. Always thought you were all right but obviously not. Shame. Enjoy your life.
Earlier this evening, posters in this thread were advised to steer clear of political discussion, per site rules.

A number of individuals chose to ignore this and continue the discussion.

Further posts resulting from this afternoon's remarks by Belle Donati on Sky News have been removed.

This thread is now on active moderation until further notice.
WTAF is that prick's problem?! I mean, why even run a forum if you're going to ban all discussion? I'll say it again: YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS RUNNING A FORUM. I hope you're reading this, 'Admin PC', because it's funny how you don't let anyone question your decisions. Almost as if you're a wannabe dictator. You're not even fit to lace Asa or Rob's boots.