Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

dosxuk

Surely one of them could create a discord server (everyone loves discord after all) to post their mocks on though. It's only momentum that means they think it has to be tightly integrated into the forum, certainly many years ago there were multiple mocking sites around (admittedly most doing the "what if" style).
Shiruba98

To the forums of Pres Cafe, if you are reading this, I feel that my unnecessary ban (despite me posing as Callum Precious) was completely unfair due to your admins' inability to acknowledge that I have autism (it even says on my Twitter profile) and that I may react to changes such as your new approval rule differently.

Also you wouldn't let me reason with any one of you as to why I was banned and it's completely not right for admins to do this to their users, especially ones with ASD such as myself.

There is no appeal system in the forum at all and something needs to be done.

Also, I really think you need to be more accepting of people on the ASD spectrum, because yeah, they may react to things differently but they are still human.

(If anyone can send this to the admins over on Pres Cafe since TVTF is dead, I'd appreciate it very much.
Joe

It’s just a web forum, you’ve not lost the ability to vote in general elections
Shiruba98

Joe wrote: Fri 04 Nov, 2022 16.24 It’s just a web forum, you’ve not lost the ability to vote in general elections
I've lost the ability to even see the forums though.
If you're more than willing to send my post to the admins, i'd appreciate it.
PresIdents

So you want the mod team to be more accommodating towards the behavioural nuances of people with ASD, but you also admit to impersonating someone else with ASD, thereby mocking their idiosyncrasies? Look, I'm one of the last people to bat for Precious, but did you seriously not read through your post before hitting Submit?
Shiruba98

PresIdents wrote: Fri 04 Nov, 2022 18.00 So you want the mod team to be more accommodating towards the behavioural nuances of people with ASD, but you also admit to impersonating someone else with ASD, thereby mocking their idiosyncrasies? Look, I'm one of the last people to bat for Precious, but did you seriously not read through your post before hitting Submit?
Well, you are correct about that.
Solari

Shiruba98 wrote: Fri 04 Nov, 2022 16.13 To the forums of Pres Cafe, if you are reading this, I feel that my unnecessary ban (despite me posing as Callum Precious) was completely unfair due to your admins' inability to acknowledge that I have autism (it even says on my Twitter profile) and that I may react to changes such as your new approval rule differently.

Also you wouldn't let me reason with any one of you as to why I was banned and it's completely not right for admins to do this to their users, especially ones with ASD such as myself.

Also, I really think you need to be more accepting of people on the ASD spectrum, because yeah, they may react to things differently but they are still human.

(If anyone can send this to the admins over on Pres Cafe since TVTF is dead, I'd appreciate it very much.
Please don't play the autism card, Conor. It's such a cop-out. I too am on the spectrum - in fact I suspect a good chunk of the posters on Pres Cafe (and its predecessors) are also on the spectrum to some level. You don't see them whining about 'not being accepted'. You've answered your own question as to why you were banned - because you posed as one of this community's most notorious and most reviled pests. I honestly don't know what you expected to happen when you did that, because it seems to me and everyone else here to be an utterly boneheaded thing to do.
Shiruba98

Solari wrote: Sat 05 Nov, 2022 12.05
Shiruba98 wrote: Fri 04 Nov, 2022 16.13 To the forums of Pres Cafe, if you are reading this, I feel that my unnecessary ban (despite me posing as Callum Precious) was completely unfair due to your admins' inability to acknowledge that I have autism (it even says on my Twitter profile) and that I may react to changes such as your new approval rule differently.

Please don't play the autism card, Conor. It's such a cop-out. I too am on the spectrum - in fact I suspect a good chunk of the posters on Pres Cafe (and its predecessors) are also on the spectrum to some level. You don't see them whining about 'not being accepted'. You've answered your own question as to why you were banned - because you posed as one of this community's most notorious and most reviled pests. I honestly don't know what you expected to happen when you did that, because it seems to me and everyone else here to be an utterly boneheaded thing to do.
It was utterly boneheaded indeed. I did send an contact form to Mike via the TV Room website to apologise for my behaviour but I'm awaiting a response from him, as according to Cavan, Mike isn't one to hold grudges towards people.
Solari

Shiruba98 wrote: Sat 05 Nov, 2022 12.09
Solari wrote: Sat 05 Nov, 2022 12.05

It was utterly boneheaded indeed. I did send an contact form to Mike via the TV Room website to apologise for my behaviour but I'm awaiting a response from him, as according to Cavan, Mike isn't one to hold grudges towards people.
Well, I'm glad you now realise that. Good luck with your appeal (of sorts).
Knight in West

Adding to the Gallery discussions (in a very late fashion), I think I'm one of those people who has an affinity towards mocking. Some of my creations can be referenced back to the APFS days, while I felt astonished in looking at some of the best works on TVF/TVLF. But I get the reason for the exclusion - the community nearby can get really messy. Less ties with that tosh aspect, the better, not to mention the routine "confusion with the real deal" problem.

Nevertheless, a crucial difference between it and other sites that allow them is the former resides people who understand or even care, and can therefore give professional opinions on the illustrations. Take TVF for instance - it developed a comprehensive Guide to Mocking over the years, which is still used as a point of reference in places like Media Spy in Australia. For other alternatives on the market (like DeviantArt)? You're lucky if you works are seen by more than a couple of random people, above all the spams, screen captures, and MS Paint drawings from 8-year-olds.

To me, this is where it stands out. Totally respecting others' decision to leave that alone, of course.
Knight in West - W. Knight on Pres Café
Joe

Thought I’d check out some of the threads - the upcoming ITV and Channel 4 stuff being areas I’d have loved to contribute to in the past.

Found the discussion incredibly negative, and it ties in with my feeling of the past few years of these communities, unfortunately. I had to keep reminding myself that nothing has been seen on screen in the case of ITV, but you’d think that new idents had launched with Jeremy Clarkson defecating on the set of Millionaire.

I get that I couldn’t potentially add a more positive voice to the mix by posting, but actually it just put me off entirely.