TV Talk Forum Watch News and Information Board

bilky asko

AxG wrote: Sun 16 Oct, 2022 22.31
bilky asko wrote: Sun 16 Oct, 2022 21.58 I note that one of the administrators has been banned from the forum. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of whoever picked the co-admins for the forum...
I hope it's whoever wrote the wall of rules.

But Pres Café just feels way more polished and improved since both sites launched.
It brings a taste of the unwieldy layout of the mobile version of the site to the desktop user!
Pete

bilky asko wrote: Sun 16 Oct, 2022 22.35
AxG wrote: Sun 16 Oct, 2022 22.31
bilky asko wrote: Sun 16 Oct, 2022 21.58 I note that one of the administrators has been banned from the forum. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of whoever picked the co-admins for the forum...
I hope it's whoever wrote the wall of rules.

But Pres Café just feels way more polished and improved since both sites launched.
It brings a taste of the unwieldy layout of the mobile version of the site to the desktop user!
Now this is the sort of drama that could make the whole thing worthwhile!
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Monolithic

I must say I am impressed with JK1985 posting three times in a thread speaking to "himself" on rants about GB News. I have now replied to he has someone to speak to. He doesn't watch GB News daily but posts about it non stop.....
Martin Phillp

The thread on TV Talk Forum is more akin to the problems we had on Rob's forum with it getting borderline political which is always going to be a problem for GB News and Talk TV where the editorial agendas are both skewed towards one way of thought thanks to certain talent.

The Pres Cafe thread is slightly better, possibly down to better moderation.
TVF's London Lite.
Charlie Wells

Looks like https://www.tvtalkforum.co.uk/ is now redirecting to pres.cafe.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Knight in West

And now the forum is dead. Well, not entirely, but we can safely assume that with the redirect.

Before an official announcement is made, may I suggest mods on both PC and TVTalk a few things:
  • Migrate the current user base to PC. I think it's possible given both fora are based on the same architecture iirc, but it might be troubling for privacy reasons.
  • Merge TVTalk's discussion threads with PC's. It'll be a shame to lose all the discussion threads made in Talk, especially those received better interactions there. International Pres, American News etc come to mind. Clearing out the double posts will be a challenge though.
  • Though very, very unlikely, I secretly wish to keep the Gallery on, even in the form of read-only archives.
  • Or, keep Talk as an archive, akin to TVF and TVLF.
That's my two cents in the imaginary (for now) scenario, should TVTalk and PC merge. Probably unfeasible, I know - but I felt the former is a more interetsing and welcoming place over the past few months, and I don't wish it to die without a trace.

[Edit] Even some of the mods don't get notified about the situation. Oh no.
Knight in West - W. Knight on Pres Café
bridget7

interesting information
bilky asko

Knight in West wrote: Fri 28 Oct, 2022 11.48 And now the forum is dead. Well, not entirely, but we can safely assume that with the redirect.

Before an official announcement is made, may I suggest mods on both PC and TVTalk a few things:
  • Migrate the current user base to PC. I think it's possible given both fora are based on the same architecture iirc, but it might be troubling for privacy reasons.
  • Merge TVTalk's discussion threads with PC's. It'll be a shame to lose all the discussion threads made in Talk, especially those received better interactions there. International Pres, American News etc come to mind. Clearing out the double posts will be a challenge though.
  • Though very, very unlikely, I secretly wish to keep the Gallery on, even in the form of read-only archives.
  • Or, keep Talk as an archive, akin to TVF and TVLF.
That's my two cents in the imaginary (for now) scenario, should TVTalk and PC merge. Probably unfeasible, I know - but I felt the former is a more interetsing and welcoming place over the past few months, and I don't wish it to die without a trace.

[Edit] Even some of the mods don't get notified about the situation. Oh no.
Considering the forum has been removed with no fanfare, I very much doubt any of that is going to happen. Most of the discussion will have been duplicated anyway.

Still, this isn't much of a surprise considering how everything else was handled previously.
TVenthusiasm2

...and yet another one bites the dust! Sad to see TVTF close - without any notice! Was a pleasure being a member on TVTF from the start and I wish all of the TVTF team all the best! I think it looks like Pres Cafe won the "Forum Wars"...
mokked

Hi all, I informed the admin of PC of the redirect this morning due to my ill health. The team on TVTF were informed after that.

There was no wars, no competition or arguments - it's all very amicable - I wouldn't have done the redirect if there had been.

Thanks to everyone who contributed. There will be no archive, just enjoy Pres Cafe and Metropol.

Best wishes

Chris
lepeterrr

I am obviously extremely gutted that TVTF has closed down, especially since I initially created it and then merged with Box Forum and moved onto MyBB.
I have had very brief thoughts about launching another forum but decided against it as it's clear to me there isn't demand for it. If there is demand in the future then maybe I will consider it. But for now, I look forward to regularly contributing to PresCafé .

Thanks to all those who contributed since July.
Peter
Come and join me over on Media Talk, launching 22nd December.
Now open for pre-registration.
https://www.mediatalkforum.com/