Steve Wright leaves the Afternoon

The forum discussing radio
rob

Philip wrote: Sun 03 Jul, 2022 11.33 He may have taken the mickey like he did with a lot of DJs (including John Peel who he ended up being best friends with) but I thought Moyles had a lot of respect for Wright, certainly he seemed to indicate that when he did an interview with him for his Radio 1 breakfast DJs documentary in 2010.
Steve Wright paid tribute to Moyles when he celebrated his 30th year in radio a couple of years back...

Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
urcenzan

Radio 2 is way past its peak. Steve Wright's diehard fans would happily listen to an archive of his shows and not even realise they weren't live.
thegeek

It's the final weekend for the Scottish 'City 2' stations. The schedules on their websites list 'Greatest Hits Radio is coming' from 7pm on Sunday then continue with the current schedule from 6am on Monday - I guess at this point the stations cease to be, and you have to refer to the GHR website for the new Ken Brucified schedule.

I think Clyde 2 must have some sort of UK record for keeping more or less the same station name on more or less the same frequency - it's always had 'Clyde' in the name, and the move from 261m to 1152KHz is pretty much a rounding error. 49 years, 3 months and 2 days is going to be hard to beat.

I'm not expecting them to do much to mark the occasion on air, but as Radio Clyde 261 sails off into the night, here's how she was launched. Altogether now...

AlfieMulcahy

The changes at Radio 2 continue with Vernon Kay starting on the new mid-morning show. I enjoyed listening this morning and was pleasantly surprised by how well he fits.

However, the jingle package has been changed and it seems to have lost all the personality of the old package. It's still an evolution of previous iterations, but nowhere near as nice. The worst part though is that the classic TOTH has been replaced by a very clinical pre-recorded announcement that sounds like it belongs on a Global station. Not a fan.
thegeek

thegeek wrote: Fri 31 Mar, 2023 20.00 I think Clyde 2 must have some sort of UK record for keeping more or less the same station name on more or less the same frequency - it's always had 'Clyde' in the name, and the move from 261m to 1152KHz is pretty much a rounding error. 49 years, 3 months and 2 days is going to be hard to beat.
looks like the frequency won't get to celebrate its 50th birthday:
https://radiotoday.co.uk/2023/11/bauer- ... n-england/