TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Pete

james2001 wrote: Sat 30 Jul, 2022 13.40 The TV Talk people are trying too hard, I didn't particularly appreciate the PM spamming, especially as they've been promoting themselves all over the forum anyway.
I barely recognise the people running it.

Although we do have names. Unlike pres cafe which is just looking out of the darkness like some sort of secret society
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin Phillp

A ban for a member less than 24 hours before the closure. Not that it'll do any good as they'll be back on one of the four replacements.
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

Pete wrote: Sat 30 Jul, 2022 13.47
james2001 wrote: Sat 30 Jul, 2022 13.40 The TV Talk people are trying too hard, I didn't particularly appreciate the PM spamming, especially as they've been promoting themselves all over the forum anyway.

Although we do have names. Unlike pres cafe which is just looking out of the darkness like some sort of secret society
Andrew Wood/The Ident Gallery + others. He alone has a profile similar to Rob's before TVF's demise IMHO.
Pete

WillPS wrote: Sat 30 Jul, 2022 16.07 Andrew Wood/The Ident Gallery + others. He alone has a profile similar to Rob's before TVF's demise IMHO.
oh i like Andrew. Fingers crossed then :)
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko

Considering that Pres Café had got around double the registrations of TV Talk Forum at that point, it did seem like an attempt to try and not lose their status. The reason given for the PM spamming was ridiculous though, that was at least slightly amusing.
Pete wrote: Sat 30 Jul, 2022 16.16
WillPS wrote: Sat 30 Jul, 2022 16.07 Andrew Wood/The Ident Gallery + others. He alone has a profile similar to Rob's before TVF's demise IMHO.
oh i like Andrew. Fingers crossed then :)
Having someone as well known as him being a major part of Pres Café inspires hope that it'll be well done and well run.

The people running TV Talk Forum couldn't be more anonymous if they actually were all called "Anonymous".
dosxuk

bilky asko wrote: Sat 30 Jul, 2022 16.38The people running TV Talk Forum couldn't be more anonymous if they actually were all called "Anonymous".
I'm just wondering who "Westcountry Plus" is...
Talk TV Forum footer wrote:Powered By MyBB. Box Forum and all associated branding is © Westcountry Plus 2022. This site is not endorsed by any broadcaster.
Blewatter

It is interesting to see this mini 'Wild West' era for TV pres related forums come about. I've signed up for both TV Talk Forum and Prescafe, and will ultimately stay active on the one which catches on and has more interesting discussion. Its also interesting to note that the hole left by TVLF has left a vacuum for these new forums to pop up and vy for users. I certainly didn't see this in the case of TVF.

Either way, I wish both Pres Cafe and TV Talk Forum luck. I do believe, in time, one of them will unite the community as the long term successor for TVLF and TVF.
james2001

WillPS wrote: Sat 30 Jul, 2022 16.07
Pete wrote: Sat 30 Jul, 2022 13.47

Andrew Wood/The Ident Gallery + others. He alone has a profile similar to Rob's before TVF's demise IMHO.
A name I remember literally right from the start of visiting pres sites back in 2000, a very long standing member of the community.
Philip

Not a huge fan of the "TV Pres" group personally after they ostracised Rob and his site for not self-hosting videos.
all new Phil

That and allowing "him" to be a member on there, even if he is on a one strike and you're out policy.
I didn’t get a PM ☹️ In fact the only PM I’ve ever had on TVLF was from someone called Patty O’Chair calling me a prick.
WillPS

Philip wrote: Sat 30 Jul, 2022 19.08 Not a huge fan of the "TV Pres" group personally after they ostracised Rob and his site for not self-hosting videos.
I do find the whole war on "websnatching" a bit dull tbh.

There are times when having a YouTube vid is a lot more convenient, not least when the website hosting disappears temporarily or permanently.

It basically seems to come down to making sure they get all the plaudits, which is somewhat reminiscent of fighting over who gets the commendation at primary school.

Surely all that should matter is that you've enabled x many people to see something they're interested in, right?