TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

dosxuk

Joe wrote: Fri 01 Apr, 2022 22.55 Is there anything Brekkie likes?
I'm assuming, based on his username, toast.

Everything else is up for debate.
Martin Phillp

I decided not to even participate in the BBC One new idents thread until 3.20am. I thought it'd be better for my sanity to leave it to everyone else to post and then evaluate my thoughts before posting.
TVF's London Lite.
all new Phil

I think it just needs Rob to post “yeah, they’re alright I suppose” and lock the thread.
Blewatter

It does boggle the mind how people can be so passionate about TV presentation. Who here would be caught doing tha...oh wait, I'm passionate about it. Bugger.

In all seriousness, it does seem like there was some unwarranted negativity from some people. If you don't like something, that's fair. Im not saying you should like something when you don't. But you can be critical without being negative: 'This style isn't for me, I would prefer something more...etc.'. But some of those guys seem to revel in bringing stuff down.
WillPS

Blewatter wrote: Sat 02 Apr, 2022 13.54 It does boggle the mind how people can be so passionate about TV presentation. Who here would be caught doing tha...oh wait, I'm passionate about it. Bugger.

In all seriousness, it does seem like there was some unwarranted negativity from some people. If you don't like something, that's fair. Im not saying you should like something when you don't. But you can be critical without being negative: 'This style isn't for me, I would prefer something more...etc.'. But some of those guys seem to revel in bringing stuff down.
Isn't it natural for a forum to create a chorus of views and a fandom of any sort to find issues with a new bit of what they're passionate about? Those views, however short or elaborate, are what I'm interested in seeing - and in years to come will be reviewed by others looking to see what the initial reaction was like.

It's not like you're reviewing a colleague's work or something, so keeping things constructive isn't really necessary.
Blewatter

Hope Rob and Co are OK, it seems as though the website is temporarily down
DavidWhitfield

Blewatter wrote: Tue 12 Apr, 2022 20.35 Hope Rob and Co are OK, it seems as though the website is temporarily down
Ongoing technical issues, unfortunately.

The site is back online and you can read Rob's post about it here: https://www.tvliveforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 479#p78479

Appreciate the well wishes.
rob

The forum will be back tomorrow at some point, but not on phpBB.

Will keep you posted.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Joe

Feels like the episode lovingly referred to as ‘the Red Bee incident’.
rob

Joe wrote: Thu 14 Apr, 2022 23.51 Feels like the episode lovingly referred to as ‘the Red Bee incident’.
It does, doesn't it.

The good news is that I've managed to set-up the new forum software, and everything has been transferred over, apart from kudos and Gallery ratings, I'm afraid we'll have to start over with those.

The forum will go live tomorrow morning at some point. Again, I can only apologise for the continued inconvenience. I know it's a pain, but I'm confident you'll like the new forum software, and hopefully, we can put all these problems behind us and start afresh.
rob

The forum is now back online.

Please read this thread before asking questions.

PLEASE NOTE

Passwords were not transferred over, so you will need to reset your password at the login screen.

Ta.