TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Pete

So that’s four rival forums and one rival Reddit experiment…

Interesting that nobody from clean feed has actually posted on the forum that it’s hoping to replace 🧐
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

Pete wrote: Thu 28 Jul, 2022 22.56 So that’s four rival forums and one rival Reddit experiment…

Interesting that nobody from clean feed has actually posted on the forum that it’s hoping to replace 🧐
There's quite a few personalities from TV Forum who chose not to use TVLF too though.
Charlie Wells

Pete wrote: Thu 28 Jul, 2022 22.56 So that’s four rival forums and one rival Reddit experiment…

Looks like the (Wix hosted) Talk TV and Box Forum have decided to join forces and merge, as the box forum has changed name and URL redirects to a new domain name. Couldn't help noting a certain TVF/TVLF banned member has already signed up, though perhaps third time lucky.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
DTV

Fundamentally, as others have alluded to, if there isn't one clear successor which the majority of the TVF/TVLF community joins, I just can't see myself transferring to one of these many new forums. Multiple forums talking about the same topic, probably with the same conversations, is something that I just can't be arsed with - who has the time.
bilky asko

DTV wrote: Fri 29 Jul, 2022 10.00 Fundamentally, as others have alluded to, if there isn't one clear successor which the majority of the TVF/TVLF community joins, I just can't see myself transferring to one of these many new forums. Multiple forums talking about the same topic, probably with the same conversations, is something that I just can't be arsed with - who has the time.
I can't imagine it will take long for a definite successor to be clear. The steam quickly runs out with the forums where there's only a couple of active members.

It does seem people are also reading far too much into who's blocked who on Twitter - it can be the only way to clean up your timeline from Twitter's constant suggested posts making their way in, for example.
Andrew

The fact the merged forum says they will 'issue a statement' smacks of kids playing forums in the school holidays, more interested in the design and the logo rather than the serious management of a forum
mokked

Andrew wrote: Fri 29 Jul, 2022 11.30 The fact the merged forum says they will 'issue a statement' smacks of kids playing forums in the school holidays, more interested in the design and the logo rather than the serious management of a forum
Andrew, I feel your comments are slightly unjustified. As a 34 year old man I highly doubt that this is to be the case. I am a business man operating a well respected web design and hosting agency in the Westcountry and was a member of TVF for years and moving to TVLF.

We have a collaboration of course with others, but we will not be just "playing forums in the school holidays". Yes, some youngsters from another potential replacement have come on board, providing a wide range of ages using and moderating the site.

Our aim is simple, to allow continuity for members of TVLF to continue their discussions moving forward.

We welcome all TVLF members to join us at https://www.tvtalkforum.co.uk/
Andrew

Whoever said we would have a replacement forum each isn’t far wrong, with TV Ark now reintroducing a forum
DTV

One thing that I definitely have learnt from the brief existence of TVLF is that there is seemingly an inverse relationship between the amount of people watching a news channel and how comment worthy its presentation is.
JAS84

Andrew wrote: Fri 29 Jul, 2022 20.15 Whoever said we would have a replacement forum each isn’t far wrong, with TV Ark now reintroducing a forum
I'm skeptical about that one as they can't even keep their main site online.
james2001

The TV Talk people are trying too hard, I didn't particularly appreciate the PM spamming, especially as they've been promoting themselves all over the forum anyway.

That and allowing "him" to be a member on there, even if he is on a one strike and you're out policy.