TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

james2001

The fact my post has 14 kudos and theirs has the grand total of 2 (you and Darthwell) at least shows what the prevailing view over there is. And it's not in favour of Kremlin propaganda about nazificiation and crisis actors being beamed into people's homes. We're not just talking bias but outright lies and denials about people being killed.

Of course, the whole reason the Kremlin spend so much time and money pumping out propaganda like that in the first place is because they know the British public are "smart enough to make up their own minds" and see it for what it is and know nobody's going to believe it and it's not going to shape anyone's views, they're just doing it for the hell of it...

Imagine if we were back in the 40s and arguing that Lord Haw Haw and Tokyo Rose should be broadcast from British transmitters because "we should hear other opinions" and people are "smart enough to make up their own minds"... With today's attitudes people would have been saying blocking Axis broadcasts was "snowflake cancel culture"...
Alan de Robson

james2001 wrote: Mon 14 Mar, 2022 15.19 The fact my post has 14 kudos and theirs has the grand total of 2 (you and Darthwell) at least shows what the prevailing view over there is. And it's not in favour of Kremlin propaganda about nazificiation and crisis actors being beamed into people's homes. We're not just talking bias but outright lies and denials about people being killed.

Of course, the whole reason the Kremlin spend so much time and money pumping out propaganda like that in the first place is because they know the British public are "smart enough to make up their own minds" and see it for what it is and know nobody's going to believe it and it's not going to shape anyone's views, they're just doing it for the hell of it...

Imagine if we were back in the 40s and arguing that Lord Haw Haw and Tokyo Rose should be broadcast from British transmitters because "we should hear other opinions" and people are "smart enough to make up their own minds"... With today's attitudes people would have been saying blocking Axis broadcasts was "snowflake cancel culture"...
The fact there are 14 likes for your posts tells me that 14 people don't trust the people of this country and think they know better than everyone else.

The fact that Lord Haw Haw could broadcast into this country and we didn't turn into frothing-at-the-mouth Nazis tells me all I need to know.
bilky asko

Alan de Robson wrote: Mon 14 Mar, 2022 17.12
james2001 wrote: Mon 14 Mar, 2022 15.19 The fact my post has 14 kudos and theirs has the grand total of 2 (you and Darthwell) at least shows what the prevailing view over there is. And it's not in favour of Kremlin propaganda about nazificiation and crisis actors being beamed into people's homes. We're not just talking bias but outright lies and denials about people being killed.

The fact there are 14 likes for your posts tells me that 14 people don't trust the people of this country and think they know better than everyone else.

The fact that Lord Haw Haw could broadcast into this country and we didn't turn into frothing-at-the-mouth Nazis tells me all I need to know.
What a ridiculous comparison to make

Lord Haw Haw wasn't approved by a UK regulator for broadcast for a start. William Joyce was eventually executed for he did, which is a pretty final way of stopping such communications.

It's not even as if RT is hard to access online, it takes seconds to load their website and watch the live stream.
james2001

Yes, it's not like RT's blocked entirely in the way western media is in Russia, people can still watch it if they want.

I guess the difference is, certainly from the Kremlin's point of view, the only people seeking it out when it's only available on their website are going to be the converted, whereas when it's on the Freeview, Freesat and Sky's EPGs they have the ability to catch the unwary and uninformed who are channel hopping and potentially indoctrinate them.
Blewatter

Just a warning for those who have not been on the Jeremy Kyle thread: I may have written a long, and angry rant...Sorry.
Joe

The Red Nose Day thread is an injection of positivity.
Joe

I’m finding the forum to be so negative at the moment – it seems absolutely everything can be spun into something to be miserable about. It’s not just ‘I don’t like this’, it’s the extremity of it all. From Red Nose Day to the Channel 4 News Leeds set to the (intentionally staggered) rollout of the BBC logo – it’s just out and out whining. It’s quite a drag reading it.
Jonwo

Joe wrote: Tue 22 Mar, 2022 22.34 I’m finding the forum to be so negative at the moment – it seems absolutely everything can be spun into something to be miserable about. It’s not just ‘I don’t like this’, it’s the extremity of it all. From Red Nose Day to the Channel 4 News Leeds set to the (intentionally staggered) rollout of the BBC logo – it’s just out and out whining. It’s quite a drag reading it.
I dread to ask but how many of those are from Brekkie and JK1985?
Jonwo

I don't really understand why JK1985 watches Saturday Night Takeaway, he clearly doesn't enjoy it.
DTV

Nice for the news of BBC Four's possible axing to give us a return of the 'fantasy BBC management' thread that we all know and love. Honestly amazes me the number of members with seemingly no understanding whatsoever of how broadcasting or the BBC actually works and an inability to see beyond 'they should get rid of the services I don't use'.
stu

The thread got bumped from January with no news and has turned into an echo chamber