TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Blewatter

It does boggle the mind how people can be so passionate about TV presentation. Who here would be caught doing tha...oh wait, I'm passionate about it. Bugger.

In all seriousness, it does seem like there was some unwarranted negativity from some people. If you don't like something, that's fair. Im not saying you should like something when you don't. But you can be critical without being negative: 'This style isn't for me, I would prefer something more...etc.'. But some of those guys seem to revel in bringing stuff down.
AKA Blubatt
WillPS

Blewatter wrote: Sat 02 Apr, 2022 13.54 It does boggle the mind how people can be so passionate about TV presentation. Who here would be caught doing tha...oh wait, I'm passionate about it. Bugger.

In all seriousness, it does seem like there was some unwarranted negativity from some people. If you don't like something, that's fair. Im not saying you should like something when you don't. But you can be critical without being negative: 'This style isn't for me, I would prefer something more...etc.'. But some of those guys seem to revel in bringing stuff down.
Isn't it natural for a forum to create a chorus of views and a fandom of any sort to find issues with a new bit of what they're passionate about? Those views, however short or elaborate, are what I'm interested in seeing - and in years to come will be reviewed by others looking to see what the initial reaction was like.

It's not like you're reviewing a colleague's work or something, so keeping things constructive isn't really necessary.
Blewatter

Hope Rob and Co are OK, it seems as though the website is temporarily down
AKA Blubatt
DavidWhitfield

Blewatter wrote: Tue 12 Apr, 2022 20.35 Hope Rob and Co are OK, it seems as though the website is temporarily down
Ongoing technical issues, unfortunately.

The site is back online and you can read Rob's post about it here: https://www.tvliveforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 479#p78479

Appreciate the well wishes.
rob

The forum will be back tomorrow at some point, but not on phpBB.

Will keep you posted.
TV Live / TV Live Forum
Join me on 95.9FM Andover Radio every Saturday between 4pm and 6pm from May 28th.
Joe

Feels like the episode lovingly referred to as ‘the Red Bee incident’.
rob

Joe wrote: Thu 14 Apr, 2022 23.51 Feels like the episode lovingly referred to as ‘the Red Bee incident’.
It does, doesn't it.

The good news is that I've managed to set-up the new forum software, and everything has been transferred over, apart from kudos and Gallery ratings, I'm afraid we'll have to start over with those.

The forum will go live tomorrow morning at some point. Again, I can only apologise for the continued inconvenience. I know it's a pain, but I'm confident you'll like the new forum software, and hopefully, we can put all these problems behind us and start afresh.
TV Live / TV Live Forum
Join me on 95.9FM Andover Radio every Saturday between 4pm and 6pm from May 28th.
rob

The forum is now back online.

Please read this thread before asking questions.

PLEASE NOTE

Passwords were not transferred over, so you will need to reset your password at the login screen.

Ta.
TV Live / TV Live Forum
Knight in West

Congrats on the move - surely not an easy task to move that many discussions to a new place!

Facing some problems with it though: After I logged in, no matter which button I clicked, it'll just lead me to the User Control Panel, in particular the “Change Email Address” section.

Can someone shed a light on how to get out of the loop? Much thanks!

(An update: Had gone through the reset password process twice, still stuck on the same page.)
Knight in West - W. Knight on TVLF
Blewatter

Glad things are OK, but can't log on now. It keeps saying my password is wrong. I'll try a passwrod reset, but will let you know if I am still having problems
AKA Blubatt
rob

Blewatter wrote: Fri 15 Apr, 2022 16.31 Glad things are OK, but can't log on now. It keeps saying my password is wrong. I'll try a passwrod reset, but will let you know if I am still having problems
You need to do a password reset, as passwords weren't transferred over during the changeover for security reasons.
TV Live / TV Live Forum
Please Respond