Walkers to stop making Salt and Vinegar crisps?

JAS84

Walkers are currently running a Choose Me or Lose Me promotion, involving three classic British flavours and three foreign newcomers. You can choose between Salt and Vinegar or Lime and Black Pepper, Prawn Cocktail or Paprika, and Smoky Bacon or Bacon and Cheddar. The winning one from each pair will be on sale in January 2018, the other will be discontinued. :o

www.walkers.co.uk/chooseorlose
all new Phil

Bacon and Cheddar isn't new is it? I'm sure I've had that before.

Would be surprised to see that win whilst the other two existing ones remain. There's no way salt and vinegar is going anywhere. Prawn Cocktail vs Paprika could be close but I think there's a lot of love for Prawn Cocktail out there, which should just beat off those who've had Paprika flavour on holiday or something (seems way more popular abroad).
JAS84

There was a Cheddar Cheese and Bacon one a few years ago, yeah. Recently enough to have the current packaging too.
ImageImage
bilky asko

all new Phil wrote: Thu 31 Aug, 2017 20.25 Bacon and Cheddar isn't new is it? I'm sure I've had that before.

Would be surprised to see that win whilst the other two existing ones remain. There's no way salt and vinegar is going anywhere. Prawn Cocktail vs Paprika could be close but I think there's a lot of love for Prawn Cocktail out there, which should just beat off those who've had Paprika flavour on holiday or something (seems way more popular abroad).
According to the description on the back of the pack, the Bacon and Cheddar flavour is meant to be Bacon and Cheddar Loaded Potato Skins flavour.
Alexia

After Brexit and Boaty McBoatFace, who the hell is trusting the British people to vote on anything ever again?
Philip

Do you really think they'll discontinue Salt and Vinegar crisps? Come on.

Prawn Cocktail can disappear though. At least from variety packs.
james2001

Do I smell publicity stunt (and bullshit)?

And even if they do discontinue one of the existing flavours- don't you think they'll be back soon enough in a blaze of publicity? It will be Coco Pops/Choco Krispies and New Coke all over again.
all new Phil

You cynic.
thegeek

james2001 wrote: Fri 01 Sep, 2017 00.13 Do I smell publicity stunt (and bullshit)?

And even if they do discontinue one of the existing flavours- don't you think they'll be back soon enough in a blaze of publicity? It will be Coco Pops/Choco Krispies and New Coke all over again.
I think this as genuine news as Pizza Hut rebranding to Pasta Hut.
Alexia

Can't imagine what the Daily Mail are going to say about a "good old British" flavour like S&V being replaced by a "limp-wristed European" flavour like lime and pepper.
james2001

"Thank god we voted brexit and we'll be able to get our good old flavours back after we leave the EU".

"European flavours coming over here taking our crisps"