The Very Official McDonalds (and other fast food outlets) Thread

WillPS

Pete wrote: Fri 25 Feb, 2022 06.46 Moving the coffee loyalty to the phone has been very effective at making it so awkward you don’t bother to use it outside the ones you get from app orders.
I've tried to give my code when ordering at a Drive Thru twice, in two different regions of the UK. In neither did they have a clue what I was talking about. One of them got stuck in a loop trying to tell me I can't redeem in person (I wasn't trying to redeem) - the other kept saying she couldn't see a mobile order (because there wasn't one).
Pete

WillPS wrote: Fri 25 Feb, 2022 14.24
Pete wrote: Fri 25 Feb, 2022 06.46 Moving the coffee loyalty to the phone has been very effective at making it so awkward you don’t bother to use it outside the ones you get from app orders.
I've tried to give my code when ordering at a Drive Thru twice, in two different regions of the UK. In neither did they have a clue what I was talking about. One of them got stuck in a loop trying to tell me I can't redeem in person (I wasn't trying to redeem) - the other kept saying she couldn't see a mobile order (because there wasn't one).
I've found waving the QR code at them at the payment window is most reliable, they have a barcode scanner. Scanning on the kiosks never works and there's no manual override where you can type it in.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
m-in-m

Pete wrote: Fri 25 Feb, 2022 14.59
WillPS wrote: Fri 25 Feb, 2022 14.24
I've found waving the QR code at them at the payment window is most reliable, they have a barcode scanner. Scanning on the kiosks never works and there's no manual override where you can type it in.
It feels like this is all go drive ordering in the app instead of any other method which makes it easy for them to send push notifications encouraging repeat visits. Unfortunately I've found reliability to be a little dodgy in terms of payment processing.
BBC TV Centre

It IT isn't great at McDs - the amount of times that I have been to one of those self order screens to find it isn't working, or the printer is knackered.
Philip

The app has had a bit of a revamp recently with a new reward scheme thingy called "My McDonald's"

You can even "log in" to the app when ordering from the touchscreens inside a Maccies to get your points, though I haven't tried this yet.
JAS84

BBC TV Centre wrote: Sat 26 Feb, 2022 10.51 It IT isn't great at McDs - the amount of times that I have been to one of those self order screens to find it isn't working, or the printer is knackered.
Yeah, if the receipt fails to print, then the order number will be covered up by the error message too, making it easy to miss. And by then you've already paid!
JAS84

Cheeseburgers are now 20% more expensive, they're now £1.19 instead of 99p.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62317453
Martin Phillp

Note that app users can either opt-in to the new Rewards scheme for purchasing from the menu or staying with the legacy McCafe free hot drink one.
TVF's London Lite.
scottishtv

Is everyone getting a cardboard spoon with their McFlurry now, or just Scotland because of the upcoming ban on plastic cutlery from takeaways?
Pete

scottishtv wrote: Fri 29 Jul, 2022 12.42 Is everyone getting a cardboard spoon with their McFlurry now, or just Scotland because of the upcoming ban on plastic cutlery from takeaways?
Yes I got one the other day. Was quite impressed with it, much better than the paper straws which are a nightmare with milkshakes.

The galaxy mcflurry is inferior to least years though, I'm not sure if they've tried to merge the galaxy and galaxy caramel to make room for the tiramisu but its just a bit meh.

Also i seemed to lose a free coffee on my app when i enrolled in the new scheme so I need to email them about that.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Jonwo

Surely a wooden or bamboo spoon would be better than cardboard.