The Co-op Thread

Pete

WillPS wrote: Fri 27 Jan, 2023 09.31 As a result of the takeover Costcutter also moved from using Nisa's own 'Heritage' label (which they had recently swapped to from P&H's 'Independent' label) to Co-op too. It was a rather rapid improvement in quality.
The speed of the Jacks replacement of Euroshopper and Happy shopper brands is also impressive.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin Phillp

Co-op stores are currently doing a 'Spin-to-Win' promotion through the shopping app. What a palaver to redeem the winning voucher via self service.

The till recognises it as a coupon and then asks for the coupon to go in the slot. Which you can't do as it's a QR code sent via email.

In the end I waited 5 mins for the person on the cash till to once go to the interface to then change it to 'assistant on the way' and then later she changed it to the coupon being accepted via the terminal.
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

Martin Phillp wrote: Sun 29 Jan, 2023 18.50 Co-op stores are currently doing a 'Spin-to-Win' promotion through the shopping app. What a palaver to redeem the winning voucher via self service.

The till recognises it as a coupon and then asks for the coupon to go in the slot. Which you can't do as it's a QR code sent via email.

In the end I waited 5 mins for the person on the cash till to once go to the interface to then change it to 'assistant on the way' and then later she changed it to the coupon being accepted via the terminal.
Does the tactical insertion and removal of a plastic card in the coupon slot not work in this situation?
WillPS

bilky asko wrote: Sun 29 Jan, 2023 19.53
Martin Phillp wrote: Sun 29 Jan, 2023 18.50 Co-op stores are currently doing a 'Spin-to-Win' promotion through the shopping app. What a palaver to redeem the winning voucher via self service.

Does the tactical insertion and removal of a plastic card in the coupon slot not work in this situation?
Yep. Tesco still have this hoopla to jump through for Clubcard coupons and vouchers even though they've completely changed their software and they're now digital-only unless you specifically request printed ones.
Martin Phillp

I didn't think of that to be honest.
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

Martin Phillp wrote: Wed 01 Feb, 2023 00.12

It was always a regular trick of the people in charge of the self-service checkouts at Tesco, so (I think) I learned it from that.
Martin Phillp

bilky asko wrote: Fri 03 Feb, 2023 23.13
Martin Phillp wrote: Wed 01 Feb, 2023 00.12

It was always a regular trick of the people in charge of the self-service checkouts at Tesco, so (I think) I learned it from that.
Don't get me wrong, I've used the trick before when the Nectar refund vouchers were launched and the Sainsbury's checkouts didn't recognise them, so would stick a piece of card in my wallet, but when it happened in the Co-op, I panicked and didn't think of using the same trick.
TVF's London Lite.