2015 UK Election

Alexia

robschneider wrote:A great result for UKIP last night
Well done on winning 30% of the vote in an aging old-fashioned-thinking 97% white constituency. Well done also on re-electing the same bloke who was there before who hasn't really changed his views that much. He just has to sit next to George Galloway now. Well done also on winning your first HoC election outright, joining such political heavyweights as Respect, the Greens, Alliance and Sylvia Hermon.
Be in no doubt that the tide is turning.
Tides go in AND out you know.
Since 1997 the British people have been sick and tired of being pushed around letting the minorities take the upper hand and political correctness being allowed to win the day.
Actually since 1997 the general election results for centre-left parties has been around 62.7%, 61.8% and 56.4%. A small decrease but still well over half of the country.
To the immigrants, the freeloaders and, indeed, freeloading immigrants, Disneyland is closing down.
Really? You think David Cameron or indeed Nigel Farage are going to cut off the stream of cheap labour which their business-owning friends take full advantage of? You're deluded.
In the Restaurant Of Your Time they are switching to the dinner menu. The gravy train on which you ride freely is terminating soon.
Actually, recent immigration statistics show that EU immigration has been beneficial to this country, with them paying substantially more INTO the public purse than they take out.
Britain is taking its country back.
Are you English? Fuck off back to Saxony then, you immigrant. Us Britons (Welsh, Cornish, Scottish, Pictish, Manx) want OUR country back. This argument is deliberately nonsensical, but makes as much sense as yours. Who are you going to throw out - the Poles, Lithuanians? How about my sister in law, a perfectly English speaking Swedish national who came here for her higher education (thus paying £3000), who is employed in a job which requires speaking Swedish, and who is paying tax and NI and who is renting a house off a British landlord? Is she exempt or does she have to go home? What about my mate from France who has lived here 10 years and works in the local library and who works a damn sight harder than most others do? He who loves telling stories to kids and telling them about his home country and his home town? He who is more of a Royalist than I am? How about the Britons who have second homes in Spain - should they be allowed to continue this? Will exiting the EU affect their ability to have a second home and visit it whenever they like?
Not now, not tomorrow, maybe not in 2015 though they'll almost certainly come third... but the British people have had enough. The silent downtrodden majority is stirring. A revolution is coming.
Do you know why this so-called silent majority is silent? BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST! UKIP's support is concentrated in old-school Toryism, uneducated underclasses and xenophobics, racists and the easily led. You are a fool, Mr Schneider. A fool, a loony, a fruitcake.

PS - I don't know if that's your real name or if you've chosen it in honour of the American comedian famous for ethnic stereotyping. Either way, it's a bit foolish to espouse your views considering you carry an obviously German name, handed down from presumably foreign immigrants, thus trying to burn the ladder which your ancestors climbed. Either that or you choose to emulate a known bigot who has supported a politician who tried to take a loaded Colt 45 gun onto an aeroplane and who has used such scaremongering tactics like announcing there's a Hispanic Insurgency in the USA. Actually that second one sounds more like it.
dosxuk

Alexia wrote:How about my sister in law, a perfectly English speaking Swedish national who came here for her higher education (thus paying £3000), who is employed in a job which requires speaking Swedish, and who is paying tax and NI and who is renting a house off a British landlord? Is she exempt or does she have to go home? What about my mate from France who has lived here 10 years and works in the local library and who works a damn sight harder than most others do? He who loves telling stories to kids and telling them about his home country and his home town? He who is more of a Royalist than I am? How about the Britons who have second homes in Spain - should they be allowed to continue this? Will exiting the EU affect their ability to have a second home and visit it whenever they like?
You seem to have forgotten the "have cake and eat it" rule that UKIP applies to all their public announcements. Of course the good foreigners can stay, providing they're paying their way, it's only the ones which are seen to be causing problems for the Brits, such as the Polish. Furthermore, it's stupid to suggest that Brits living abroad would have to get a visa or return back to the UK from their retirement homes. Only retired foreigners in the UK would have to move, the Brits working and living abroad are providing fine services and not putting the locals under any sort of financial or service pressure, so of course there would be no problem with them staying.

It's the same rules as they use when discussing political correctness - it's always bad, and should be scrapped, and nobody should have to worry about what they say, unless of course, you happen to suggest that gays are responsible for flooding, or a particular ethnic group is responsible for something bad. Then, of course, you get kicked out, not for being politically incorrect, but for bringing the party into disrepute.

Sadly the idiots who think Farage is the saviour don't actually listen to the contradictions which make up 90% of his speeches, or dare question how his populist statements would actually work in the real world. (Or even question how UKIP is going to stop immigration, when the main immigration that annoys people is illegal immigration from outside the EU - it doesn't matter how many laws he passes, it's already illegal and they still come here).
Alexia

And being illegal immigrants, they can't claim ANY benefits, no matter how many pictures Britain First put out on Failbook.

Rob Schneider's real name is Jack from Welling and I claim my £5.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/10/passionat ... w-4900910/
DTV

Well done Alexia, I couldn't have put it better myself, although I would argue that in fact instead of centre-left parties claiming the majority of the vote post-1997 I would say that New Labour's economic policy was definitely right of centre.
DTV

Somebody needs to tell Farage and UKIP that one by-election is never indicative of a general election result. Holding the balance to power is far too unrealistic - noone expects UKIP to gain more than 10 seats in 2015, if that. They'll win a few Old, White, Uneducated areas (like Clacton) but in most constituencies there are far more people prepared to vote against UKIP than for them. Also in by-elections less people vote and in polls UKIP supporters always say that they are more certain to vote than any of the Westminster 3 and the Green Party has the lowest likelihood to vote ratio. Also in case nobody (the media) has noticed that the Greens beat the Lib Dems in Clacton.

In Heywood and Middleton it would have been hard for UKIP to win without looking like arses - the unwritten byelection rule is that you don't capture 'death' seats - i.e. don't make political gains because of somebodies death.

And is everyone forgetting that UKIP briefly had an MP in 2008, for 6 months whom was about as effective as, well a single MP.
Alexia

DTV wrote:Well done Alexia, I couldn't have put it better myself, although I would argue that in fact instead of centre-left parties claiming the majority of the vote post-1997 I would say that New Labour's economic policy was definitely right of centre.
Open to interpretation - certainly market economics; but minimum wage, devolution etc all very much leftist policies. And it kept the likes of Dennis Skinner, Paul Flynn et.al. content within its ranks - no defections to the SLP, Communists or other leftist fringes (apart from Galloway, who was expelled).
Pete

Alexia wrote:
robschneider wrote:Be in no doubt that the tide is turning.
Tides go in AND out you know.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Alexia

barcode

High tide not happened yet with this UKIP movement. You cant blame the public for being hack off with all off the above....
dosxuk

barcode wrote:High tide not happened yet with this UKIP movement. You cant blame the public for being hack off with all off the above....
Voting UKIP won't solve any of those problems though.
Alexia

barcode wrote:High tide not happened yet with this UKIP movement. You cant blame the public for being hack off with all off the above....
Actually you can.

You can blame reactionary idiots like the ones currently whinging on Newsnight about Westminster politics / Labour never having done anything for them in 43 years.

You can blame people voting for a party or candidate based on one policy without understanding the others that come with it.

You can blame people for believing UKIP candidates on face value, or what they've read in the right-wing papers.

You can blame people for getting complacent and not voting (50% and 36% turnouts last night).

You can blame people for thinking that UKIP is someone else's problem.

You can blame people voting for someone else just because it's trendy - I call this the iPhone effect - people don't actually NEED a new iPhone but because everyone else has one you NEED one.

You can blame the people for not willingly counteracting UKIP's rhetoric, lies and out-and-out grooming of the uneducated/disillusioned with strong arguments and exposing their doublespeak.