2015 UK Election

WillPS

all new Phil wrote:I have to say, I find all this talk of "locking the Tories out of Downing Street" mightily offensive to the several million people who vote for them.

I mean, at the moment, they have my vote - more as an anti-Labour vote than anything. I wouldn't be completely opposed to the SNP, Plaid Cymru and the Greens forming an alliance against the others - I think they could do well combined as one party.

There just seems to be zero appetite for Labour to come back into power - as demonstrated so well in Scotland. They'd be doomed if they had serious left-wing competition in the rest of the UK.
That is absolutely daft. Every election *ever* Labour and Conservative throw the "don't let x person/y party (back) in to number 10".

What about Labour's government did you dislike? Because of all the poor decisions they made I can't see the Tories as having done any differently. They supported the Iraq war; they campaigned for *less* banking regulation. The wheels were in motion for hideous stuff like PFI well in advance of their arrival in 1997.
all new Phil

I dislike the people at the top of the party. Miliband, Balls, Harman, Umuna, Burnham - the whole lot of them. They come across as disingenuous. I *know* it should be about policies and not personalities, but I can't give these people my vote.
all new Phil

PS the locking the Tories out of Downing Street thing was referring mainly to the SNP, not Labour.
barcode

WillPS wrote:
all new Phil wrote:I have to say, I find all this talk of "locking the Tories out of Downing Street" mightily offensive to the several million people who vote for them.

I mean, at the moment, they have my vote - more as an anti-Labour vote than anything. I wouldn't be completely opposed to the SNP, Plaid Cymru and the Greens forming an alliance against the others - I think they could do well combined as one party.

There just seems to be zero appetite for Labour to come back into power - as demonstrated so well in Scotland. They'd be doomed if they had serious left-wing competition in the rest of the UK.
That is absolutely daft. Every election *ever* Labour and Conservative throw the "don't let x person/y party (back) in to number 10".

What about Labour's government did you dislike? Because of all the poor decisions they made I can't see the Tories as having done any differently. They supported the Iraq war; they campaigned for *less* banking regulation. The wheels were in motion for hideous stuff like PFI well in advance of their arrival in 1997.
David Cameron also pledged to match labours spending until VERY late 2008, didn't the tories agree with the anit terror laws in 2001/2002. Just to ask about PFI, Those companies who operate PFI hospitals have to look after the buildings don't there for the next 40 years including maintenance, cleaning etc? Also Its wasn't the Tories who increased the personnel allowance that was a lib dem policy.

OF course of SNP might keep balls and Ed in line. SNP have every right to lock out the tories its simple maths.... :!:
WillPS

all new Phil wrote:I dislike the people at the top of the party. Miliband, Balls, Harman, Umuna, Burnham - the whole lot of them. They come across as disingenuous. I *know* it should be about policies and not personalities, but I can't give these people my vote.
Jeese. I'm not a fan of Ed Balls, but I struggle to see how he's less likable than basically the entire Tory front bench.
scottishtv

I won't be satisfied until one party offers to triple-lock out another.
all new Phil

WillPS wrote:
all new Phil wrote:I dislike the people at the top of the party. Miliband, Balls, Harman, Umuna, Burnham - the whole lot of them. They come across as disingenuous. I *know* it should be about policies and not personalities, but I can't give these people my vote.
Jeese. I'm not a fan of Ed Balls, but I struggle to see how he's less likable than basically the entire Tory front bench.
Well, what a boring world it would be if we all agreed on everything!
WillPS

all new Phil wrote:
WillPS wrote:
Well, what a boring world it would be if we all agreed on everything!
truedat.
robschneider

I have the right to like who I want, as much as Alexia has the right to call me a fucktard. And I like the Labour cabinet about as much as I like the clap.
WillPS

robschneider wrote:I have the right to like who I want, as much as Alexia has the right to call me a fucktard. And I like the Labour cabinet about as much as I like the clap.
We know. And you also use aftershave from Poundworld. Run along.
robschneider

WillPS wrote:
robschneider wrote:I have the right to like who I want, as much as Alexia has the right to call me a fucktard. And I like the Labour cabinet about as much as I like the clap.
We know. And you also use aftershave from Poundworld. Run along.
So?